The West Front of Shugborough

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1768

Description:A view of the west front of Shugborough, showing the full extent of the Ruin on the banks of the River Sow. To the left can be seen the Chinese House, built in 1747, and the Orangery, built in 1764 by James 'Athenian' Stuart and demolished around 1860. The house has not yet had built the upper storey to the link buildings.

Oil on canvas, by Nicholas Dall (died 1777). It is on display at Shugborough Hall and is reproduced by courtesy of the National Trust.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Nicholas Thomas Dall - Creator

Donor ref:SHUG/P/45 (143/17339)

Source: National Trust

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.