Infants Class at Walhouse School, Cannock

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1937 - 1939 (c.)

Description:Infants class having school dinners at Walhouse School.

Walhouse School was founded in 1828 by Mrs Ann Craycroft Walhouse of Hatherton Hall who gave £2,000 to buy the land and build a school and teacher's house on New Penkridge Road. By 1851 it had become a National School and was enlarged in 1898. It had separate girls, boys and infants schools. Additional Horsa Hut classrooms were built on the opposite side of the road in 1950. the boys and girls schools combined to form a mixed Junior School in 1959 when the Local Education Authority took over its management. New classrooms were added in the 1960s and 1970s and the Horsa Huts were finally demolished in 1982. The Walshouse School closed in 2004.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:WHFC_12 (102/15862)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.