Bostock's Factory Fire, Stafford,

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1901

Description:Edwin Bostock's shoe factory was originally in Foregate Street, Stafford, but was destroyed by fire in 1901. This resulted in a new factory being built on Sandon Road, which opened in 1903.

Bostock's became Lotus Ltd. in 1919. The Sandon Road factory was demolished in 1998.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1900s
Remains of Bostock's Shoe Factory after Fire, Stafford
Remains of Bostock's Shoe Factory after Fire, Stafford

Edwin Bostock's shoe factory was originally in Foregate Street, Stafford, but was ...

1920s
Stafford Pageant Procession,
Stafford Pageant Procession,

Pageant procession seen on Foregate Street, opposite the end of Glover Street. The ...

1950s
Construction of extension to Westhorpe Home for the Elderly, Stafford
Construction of extension to Westhorpe Home for the Elderly, Stafford

Westhorpe was built in 1897 on Rowley Park for W.H. Peach, a shoe manufacturer and ...

1970s
Junction of Foregate Street and Glover Street, Stafford,
Junction of Foregate Street and Glover Street, Stafford,

View of the junction at Foregate and Glover Streets, looking towards Gaol Square. The ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: William Salt Library

Donor ref:William Salt Library No., Stafford 1B, img: 943 (18/1420)

Source: Staffordshire Museum Service

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.