Choir, All Saints' Church, Forton,

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1935 - 1940 (c.)

Description:The earliest stonework in All Saints' church dates from c.1200, and can found in the east wall of the chancel and part of the north wall; there is an original lancet window above the vestry door. The south front of the church is Georgian. Restoration work was carried out by W.D. Caroe between 1909 and 1910.

Inside the church are seventeenth century monuments to the Skrymsher family and a white marble font, dated 1723. The stained glass windows were broken by Parliament soldiers during the Civil War.

Photograph donated by Stafford Historical and Civic Society, who retain copyright ownership.

View Location


Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Staffordshire County Records Office

Donor ref:County Record Office No., D4049/1/30, img: 886 (18/1402)

Source: Staffordshire Museum Service

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.