Burgess' Engineers, Stafford,

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1972

Description:Burgess' Agricultural and Horticultural Engineers on Bridge Street. The building was badly damaged by a fire in 1962.

Allied Carpets and then a bar later occupied the site.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1870s
Bridge Street, Stafford
Bridge Street, Stafford

View from Green Bridge towards Chetwynd House. Mr Jenkinson, a baker and confectioner, ...

1900s
Royal Brine Baths, Stafford
Royal Brine Baths, Stafford

In the 1880s a thick bed of salt was discovered on Stafford Common, during the search ...

1920s
Construction of a New Pool, Brine Baths, Stafford,
Construction of a New Pool, Brine Baths, Stafford,

Lining the new pool with sheets of bitumen. In the 1880s a thick bed of salt ...

1940s
Floods, Bridge Street, Stafford
Floods, Bridge Street, Stafford

This view was taken from outside The Picture House. In the centre is the public ...

1990s
Jervis' Shop Interior, Stafford,
Jervis' Shop Interior, Stafford,

Jervis' shop was on Bridge Street. The lady behind the counter is Mrs Audrey Clay, ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:P98.011.0023 (18/1390)

Source: Staffordshire Museum Service

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.