Toll House, Forsbrook

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1955 - 1959 (c.)

Description:View of the Toll House at Forsbrook, which stood at the corner of Dilhorne Road and Cheadle Road. It was built by the Cheadle Turnpike Trust in 1838 at a cost of £18.10s.0d. on the Blythe Marsh to Thorpe road. It closed as a toll house in 1878 and was sold as a private residence. The house was demolished in 1959 for road widening.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: County Archaeology Department - Creator

Donor ref:C/P/65/7/1/19/1/1 (43/13727)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.