Station Hotel, Stafford,

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1970 - 1972 (c.)

Description:The Station Hotel, originally built as the North Western on Victoria Road in 1866 (opposite the station) to provide accommodation for rail travellers. It provided all the latest facilities including a coffee room for reserved for ladies, a billiard room and kitchens on the second floor so guests would not be troubled by cooking smells.

The building was demolished in May 1972 and a motor salesroom was built in its place.

On the right Kemley House, the tax office, is under construction.


The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

Portrait of the Shelley Family, Stafford,
Portrait of the Shelley Family, Stafford,

Ernest and Alice Shelley with their daughter, also named Alice. The photograph ...

County War Memorial, Stafford,
County War Memorial, Stafford,

The County War Memorial was unveiled in 1923. It stands on Victoria Road, by ...

Stafford Railway Station and Station Hotel,
Stafford Railway Station and Station Hotel,

The Grand Junction railway line opened in July 1837. Within the next twelve years ...

Locomotive 'Isabel', Stafford
Locomotive 'Isabel', Stafford

The engine is the narrow gauge locomotive 'Isabel', built by W.G. Bagnall Ltd. in ...

View Location


Link to this resource

Donor ref:P86.037.0001 (18/1356)

Source: Staffordshire Museum Service

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.