Consall Station

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1965 - 1970 (c.)

Description:View of the down platform and station buildings at Consall Railway Station, looking towards Cheddleton.

Consall stands on the Churnet Valley Line of the North Staffordshire Railway and was opened on 13 July 1849. It was closed to passenger traffic in 1965. Since 1978 this stretch of the line has been the home of the Churnet Valley Railway and North Staffordshire Railway Museum. During 2002 the station building on the down platform was rebuilt and there are plans to fully restore the up waiting room.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: County Archaeology Department - Creator

Donor ref:C/P/65/7/1/10/32/2 (43/13379)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.