Double Row, Upper Tean

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1960 - 1961 (c.)

Description:This terrace of 8 cottages was built by J. & N. Phillips in 1798 for their weavers and their families. Each had a set of four looms on the ground floor and the living accomodation was reached by external stone staircases at the rear. When the looms were removed to the mill by 1837, the ground floor rooms were converted into living accomodation. It was demolished in 1966.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: County Archaeology Department - Creator

Donor ref:C/P/65/7/1/8/86/1 (43/13321)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.