Licensees of the Jolly Crafts Public House, Stafford

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1927 - 1928 (c.)

Description:Studio portrait of Harry and Edith Taylor, who were the licensees of the Jolly Crafts public house on the corner of Chapel Street and Stafford Street. They later moved to the Sir Robert Peel public House in Peel Street, Stafford.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1890s
Stafford Street, Stafford,
Stafford Street, Stafford,

Stafford Street, looking towards Gaolgate Street. These houses have now been replaced ...

1910s
Nelson's Butchers Shop, Stafford,
Nelson's Butchers Shop, Stafford,

Nelson's butchers shop at 11 Crabbery Street.

1920s
Slipper Inn, Stafford,
Slipper Inn, Stafford,

The licensee in the doorway is James Simkin who was licensee before the war until ...

1950s
Albert Hall Cinema, Interior, Stafford,
Albert Hall Cinema, Interior, Stafford,

The Albert Cinema opened in May 1912 in a former rag and bone warehouse on Crabbery ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Albert J. Guy (photographer) - Creator

Image courtesy of: Dymott, B, Mrs

Donor ref:P80.004.0003 (18/1314)

Source: Staffordshire Museum Service

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.