Group outside the Old Vicarage, Codsall

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1951

Description:This photograph was taken to mark the people involved in improving the Old Vicarage in Codsall during 1951.

The group members are (from left to right) the architect, Reverend Montague Spinney, Mr Burd (builder) and Roger Gaskell.

The Old Vicarage built in 1848 was being modified to accomodate the new vicarage. It was later sold in 1979.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1900s
Miss Amy Lane, teacher [C166; 1YA]
Miss Amy Lane, teacher [C166; 1YA]

Teacher at St Nicholas' School in Codsall.

1920s
Class, St Nicholas' Church of England School, Codsall
Class, St Nicholas' Church of England School, Codsall

Class photograph taken outside the school building. Back row (L-R) Mr Ullyet ...

1950s
Reverend Spinney at St. Nicholas' Church, Codsall
Reverend Spinney at St. Nicholas' Church, Codsall

Reverend Montague Spinney is pictured shaking hands with Mrs Malcolm Thompson (from ...

1980s
View from the top of St Nicholas' Church Tower, Codsall
View from the top of St Nicholas' Church Tower, Codsall

This is the view from the top of the Church Tower looking to the North, over the ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:13 XI Four men outside old vicarage.jpg (58/13081)

Source: Codsall and Bilbrook Local History Society ,  Boulton Paul Aircraft Association

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.