Bricklayer's Arms, Stafford,

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1890 - 1900 (c.)

Description:The Bricklayer's Arms in Gaolgate Street was rebuilt and renamed the King Edward VII to mark his coronation in 1902. On the right is Hazelwood's drapers shop.

It was demolished in the 1960s to make way for Woolworth's.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1880s
Stafford Street, Stafford,
Stafford Street, Stafford,

Richardson's Corner. The view is looking down Stafford Street from Gaolgate Street. ...

1900s
Brookfield's House Furnishers and Removal Company, Stafford,
Brookfield's House Furnishers and Removal Company, Stafford,

Brookfield's furniture and removal business in Gaolgate Street, In 1743 George ...

1930s
Richardson's Corner, Stafford,
Richardson's Corner, Stafford,

Richardson's shop was on the corner of Stafford Street and Gaolgate Street, and ...

1970s
Gaolgate Street, Stafford,
Gaolgate Street, Stafford,

View of Gaolgate Street from Gaol Square, with Woolworths and the entrance to the ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:P80.001.0019 (18/1306)

Source: Staffordshire Museum Service

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.