Water Pumping Station, Huntington

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1960 - 1970 (c.)

Description:Designed by Henry Naden and built in about 1876-9.

The station was built and used by the South Staffordshire Water Company.

Below the building was an 18 feet in diameter red brick-lined well, from which 6 feet square heads, 100 yards long accessed the coal seams that Littleton Colliery worked. The water from these seams then supplied the well for the South Staffordshire water system, which in turn supplied both industry and the local populus. The station was demolished in the mid 1980s, and the site is now (in 2003). Naden House, sheltered accommodation for elderly people.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: County Archaeology Department - Creator

Donor ref:C/P/65/5/1/21/7/1 (43/11369)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.