Educational exhibition, Central School, Belt Road, Chadsmoor

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1922

Description:The photograph was taken on the occasion of the Educational Exhibition organized by the schools of Cannock, Hednesford and District, and held at Belt Road School, Hednesford on July 21-22, 1922.

Left to right.

Top row (1-3?)4:Nell Pickerill (St Peters Junior School, 5:Mr Johnson (West Hill Boys, then first Headmaster Littleworth Secondary Modern School), 6?, 7:Mr Garbett (Head of Heath Hayes Boys School), 8:Miss Wootton (Head of West Hill Girls School), 9:Mr Goring (Head of West Hills Boys School), 10:Ethel Suthard, 11-16?.

Second Row 1-12?, 13: Bess Walker (Heath Hayes Infants), 14:Annie Kent (St. Peters), 15?.

Third Row 1:Sister Anselm (St Marys Convent, Cannock), 2-5?, 6:Mrs Jones ans 7: Miss Hanning (both Heath Hayes Infant School), 8?, 9:Mrs Edgar Wright (Head of St Peters Infants), 10-11?, 12: Mr Henderson, 13: Mr Harry Bailey (St Peters School), 14?

Seated on the front row are the Chariman, Mr. G.E. Henshall, General Secretary: Miss G. Orton, Treasurer: Mr. L. Rowley, and other officials, Mr. A.W. Sambrook, Mr. P. Foster, and Councillor M. Wright. The exhibition was repeated in 1924, with Councillor M. Wright as Chairman.

Councillor M. Wright was a Justice of the Peace. He also wrote "The Best of Cannock Chase" and "The Friendship of Cannock Chase" under the name of PITMAN, 1933-1935.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Charles Tooth - Creator

Donor ref:CL2 (52/11080)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.