Dramatic Production, Stafford Girls' High School

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1907 - 1910 (c.)

Description:In 1907 the County Council took over a private girls' school at the Moat House on Newport Road, and moved it to new and larger premises in The Oval. It became Stafford Girls' High School, and there were places for 175 girls with accommodation for boarders at the Hough cottage nearby in Lichfield Road.

In the mid 1970s, the High School merged with the Grammar School to become King Edward VI High School, a comprehensive school.

View Location


Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Staffordshire County Records Office

Donor ref:County Record Office No., D3097/22, img: 518 (18/1059)

Source: Staffordshire Museum Service

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.