Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 15 254 Records Found

A.J. Talbot & Son, boot dealers and manufacturers, Eccleshall

A.J. Talbot and Son's shop on High Street, Eccleshall. They were boot and dealers and manufacturers. As well as bespoke boots and shoes, they made leggings, carried out repairs and stocked Lotus, Ariel, ...

Aerial view of GEC Meters factory, Stone

An aerial view of GEC Measurements, Stone, originally built as the Lotus shoe factory. The main building in the centre of this aerial view was built in 1950 for Lotus Ltd. In the foreground is Longton ...

Aerial View of Lotus Shoe Factory, Stafford,

The Lotus factory is bounded at the bottom by Freeman Street, on the right by Oxford Street (later Oxford Gardens), on the left by Sandon Road and at the top by Henry Street. The area behind Oxford Gardens ...

Aerial View of Stafford,

View looking north over Sandon Road. Corporation Street schools are at the bottom of the photograph, Coton Fields allotments are to the right, and the Lotus Shoe Factory is in the centre. At the top ...

'Aids to Better Shoemaking', Evode Chemical Works, Stafford,

June Ryan in a still form the film 'Aids to Better Shoe Making'. Spic and Span Shoe Polishes Ltd. was established in Glover Street on 3 June 1932. The company was partly owned by Lotus Ltd., the shoe ...

Amateur Operatic Society, Bostock's Shoes, Stafford,

Bostock's (which became Lotus in 1919) encouraged their employees to participate in sports and social activities. A Welfare Superintendent was appointed after the First World War and activities included ...

Annual Conference at Lotus Shoes, Stafford,

This could be the interior of Brook Hall, which was Lotus canteen. Lotus was originally named Bostock's and was founded in the eighteenth century by Thomas Bostock, a cobbler. His three sons started ...

Arthur Hay, Provisioners & Grocers, Derby Street, Leek

Arthur Hay's grocer's shop at 57, Derby Street, Leek. He also had premises on the corner of West Street (no 45) and Picton Street, currently (2020) Squires of Leek, hairdressers . Born in Lincolnshire ...

Boot box, Buckingham Brand

Shoe box lid, for black boots size 5/4.

Bostock Shoe factory Managers, Stafford

Inlay from an Edwin Bostock & Co. Ltd. overseas trade catalogue which shows managers and directors of the company around 1915. Pictured are: H.J. Bostock, Director and Sales Manager; E.D. Bostock, ...

Bostock's Factory Fire, Stafford,

Edwin Bostock's shoe factory was originally in Foregate Street, Stafford, but was destroyed by fire in 1901. This resulted in a new factory being built on Sandon Road, which opened in 1903. Bostock's ...

Bostock's shoe factory after the fire, Stafford

Burnt out interior of Edwin Bostock's shoe factory, Foregate Street, Stafford after a major fire. Edwin Bostock's shoe factory was originally in Foregate Street, Stafford, but was destroyed by fire ...

Bostock's shoe factory fire, Stafford

Firemen hosing down a building during a major fire at Edwin Bostock's shoe factory, Foregate Street, Stafford. Edwin Bostock's shoe factory was originally in Foregate Street, Stafford, but was destroyed ...

Bostock's shoe factory fire, Stafford

Workmen clearing rubble in the burnt-out remains of Edwin Bostock's shoe factory, Foregate Street, Stafford. Edwin Bostock's shoe factory was originally in Foregate Street, Stafford, but was destroyed ...

Bourne & Talbot, grocers and bakers, Eccleshall

Bourne & Talbot's grocers, bakers and confectioners shop on High Street, Eccleshall. The shop opened by 1908 and in 1920 J.E. Bourne sold his business to the Stafford Industrial Co-operative Society. Image ...

Brassington Bros., Campbell Place, Stoke-on-Trent

This photograph showing one of the Brassington Brothers shoe shops is thought to have been taken between 1920 and 1935. It is situated in Campbell Place, Stoke. Notice how the window area is used to a ...

Brookfields of Stafford paper bag

A paper bag from Brookfields tailors shop, Greengate Street. In 1743 George Boulton, a draper, opened a shop on Market Square. By the 1860s the shop was known as Brookfield and Windows. By the early ...

C.H. Riley & Son Albion Works shoe factory, Stafford

These buildings in Fancy Walk, Stafford, formed part of the C.H. Riley & Son Albion Works shoe factory, which stood on the adjacent Marston Road and closed around 1957. In later years the buildings on ...