Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 3 47 Records Found

Assembly Rooms, Corporation Street, Tamworth

The Assembly Rooms are seen here with the Volunteer Fire Brigade extending a ladder to the left of the building. The Assembly Rooms were built in the Italian Renaissance style by public subscription to ...

Barracks, Barracks Road, Newcastle-under-Lyme

The Italian styled Militia Barracks were built in 1855 from red brick. The Barracks were the headquarters of the 3rd King's Own Staffordshire Rifle Regiment, which assembled annually at Newcastle for ...

Courtyard entrance, Trentham Hall

Looking south from Park Drive to the courtyard entrance of Trentham Hall. Through the stone gate piers there is a glimpse of the carriage porch. The courtyard buildings have been fenced off and are ...

Hall Street, Burslem

View south along Hall Street from Westport Road towards St Paul's churchyard at the bottom of the hill. The tower on the left belongs to the Roman Catholic Church of St. Joseph, a Grade II listed building. ...

Keeper’s Lodge, Teddesley Park

This unused postcard stating “A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year” has a view of Keeper’s Lodge in Teddesley Park. The Italianate style Lodge is Grade II Listed, it dates from around 1844 and is built ...

Lichfield Museum and Free Library

Built in the Italianate style, this building originally housed Lichfield's Museum and Library and was opened in 1859. In 1958 the Museum was moved into the former probate court adjoining the north side ...

Lichfield Museum and Free Library, Beacon Street, Lichfield

Built in the Italianate style, the Museum and Library were opened in 1859. The Museum was moved out in 1958 and the Library in 1990. In 2003 the building was the Registry Office.

No.14 The Villas, Stoke

This plan is of no.14 The Villas in Stoke. The Villas were built in the 1850s and were bought by middle class, professional people. The architect, Charles Lynham, designed three grades of property which ...

North Western Hotel, Stafford,

Photograph taken from Station Road. The Station Hotel, originally built as the North Western on Victoria Road in 1866 (opposite the station) to provide accommodation for rail travellers. It provided ...

Old Art School, London Road, Stoke-on-Trent

In the foreground is the Herbert Minton building, formerly Stoke School of Science and Art, later just School of Art. The building dates from around 1853 and was erected as a monument to the potter Herbert ...

Railway Station and the Station Hotel, Stafford,

The Grand Junction railway line opened in July 1837. Within the next twelve years lines had opened from Stafford to Wellington and, via Lichfield to Rugby. The suburb of Castletown, en route to Doxey, ...

Service buildings, Trentham Hall

The arched entrance off Park Drive leads into a courtyard around which were estate buildings including the agent's house, grain stores, cow sheds, a malthouse and brewery. The laundry was the farthest ...

Stafford Railway Station and Hotel,

The Grand Junction railway line opened in July 1837. Within the next twelve years lines had opened from Stafford to Wellington and, via Lichfield to Rugby. The suburb of Castletown, en route to Doxey, ...

Stafford Railway Station and Station Hotel,

The Grand Junction railway line opened in July 1837. Within the next twelve years lines had opened from Stafford to Wellington and, via Lichfield to Rugby. The suburb of Castletown, en route to Doxey, ...

Staffordshire Water Board Offices, Albion Street, Hanley

The building with the flag pole was the Staffordshire Potteries Water Board offices at 37 Albion Street and the neighbouring building on the corner of Bethesda Street and Albion Street was originally ...

Station Hotel, Stafford,

Photograph taken from Station Road. The Station Hotel, originally built as the North Western on Victoria Road in 1866 (opposite the station) to provide accommodation for rail travellers. It provided ...

Station Hotel, Stafford,

The Station Hotel, originally built as the North Western on Victoria Road in 1866 (opposite the station) to provide accommodation for rail travellers. It provided all the latest facilities including ...

Station Hotel, Stafford,

Photograph taken from Station Road. The Station Hotel, originally built as the North Western on Victoria Road in 1866 (opposite the station) to provide accommodation for rail travellers. It provided ...