Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 7 124 Records Found

A general view of Rugeley

A postcard view of Rugeley. The photograph was taken from the St. Augustine's church tower looking south towards Stile Cop on the horizon. At the right is Anson Street: the small timber-framed building ...

Aerial View from St. Mary's Church Tower, Stafford

View of the Market Square, which until 1953 was used as a car park. In the centre is the Shire Hall, with the Lloyds Bank building to its left. On the far left is the new Guildhall, constructed ...

All Saints' Church tower, Dilhorne

All Saints Church is a Grade II Listed Building, the oldest parts being of 13th century origin. The octagonal church tower is a rare feature in England.

All Saints' Church, Trysull

The parish church of Trysull is originally 12th century in origin, but only fragments of the building remain from this date. Major improvements were made during the 13th, 14th, 15th centuries, including ...

Annual dinner, English Electric Co., Stafford

Pictured are employees with long service attending a dinner in the old Association Hall, at Stychfields on the Lichfield Road site. This image is the second of two views of this dinner, taken at 8.25pm, ...

Annual dinner, English Electric Co., Stafford

Pictured are employees with long service attending a Dinner in the old Association Hall, at Stychfields on the Lichfield Road Site. This image is the first of two views of this Dinner with the second ...

Beaudesert Hall

A view of the east front of Beaudesert Hall taken from a glass negative. From around 1909 to 1912 many alterations were made to the Hall and by 1919 the cupola above the east front entrance had been ...

Benton Memorial Clock, Market Place, Cannock

This Memorial Clock was donated to the town of Cannock by Henry Benton, a local butcher.

Benton Memorial Clock, Market Place, Cannock

The memorial clock on the roundabout was donated to the town by Henry Benton a local butcher. The Market Hall, demolished in 1975, is to the right. This area is now a pedestrian zone.

Berkswich Millennium Sundial

The Millennium Sundial located at Broc Hill, near to Milford and Brocton is close to paths that are popular with walkers. It may be used to tell the time (sunshine permitting) and also as a seat from ...

Bird Street, Lichfield

This postcard view is largely unrecognisable today. Looking from St John Street with Bird Street straight ahead over the junction with Bore Street (signed to Burton on Trent) on the right. As can be seen, ...

Bore Street, Lichfield

A postcard view taken in Bore Street, Lichfield. On the extreme right is Lichfield House which was built in 1510 and is a fine example of a Tudor timber-framed building. During the Civil War it was ...

Bore Street, Lichfield

The title on this postcard ‘Old houses in Blore Street, Lichfield’ is incorrect. This view was taken in Bore Street, Lichfield. Second from the right is Lichfield House which was built in 1510 and is ...

Boys' Home, Standon

This building began as a Church of England home for orphans, but by the 1940s it was an approved school for delinquent boys. On the 15th February 1947 the home was the scene of a murder perpetrated ...

Bridge Street, Stafford, (1)

The public house on the left is the Grapes Hotel. On the right, in the distance, can be seen the clock tower of the Royal Brine Baths. The open-sided tower was used by the fire brigade to dry their ...

Burntwood Asylum

This postcard view shows the entrance front of Burntwood Asylum, later St. Matthew's Hospital, a name officially adopted in 1948. The hospital was built by the County of Stafford for mentally ill patients ...

Byatt & Son, 33 High Street, Uttoxeter

Byatt & Son, a grocers, was situated near to the Smithfield Corner. The business became an electrical business in more recent years.

Carlisle Street Gates, Longton Park, Longton. Photographed by William Blake.

View of the Carlisle Street Gates at Longton Park, Longton, Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire. The park's official name is Queen's Park and it was officially opened on July 25th 1888 by George Granville ...