Theme Explorer

Start Again > Organisations, Clubs & Societies > Health & Welfare Organisations
Page 1 of 2 35 Records Found
12

Blood donors, Heath House Auxiliary Hospital, Tean

Volunteer blood donors being attended to by nurses at Heath House, near Tean. With the support of the Phillips family, Heath House was used as a Red Cross Auxiliary Hospital between 1941 and 1946. Photographer: ...

Blood donors, Lotus Ltd, Stafford

A new use was found for the sports pavilion at the Stafford factory of Lotus Ltd., which was usually the venue for many social functions. This picture presented an unusual scene when a mobile unit from ...

Chasetown Committee for World War I widows and families, Cannock Chase Cricket Club

Christ Church Mothers' Union, Stafford,

Christ Church opened on Foregate Street in 1839. Its mission church, St. Aidan's, was consecrated in 1902 on Marston Road. Mothers' Union meetings were held on the first Wednesday of every month, ...

Competition Winners, St. John Ambulance cadets

Diamond Jubilee celebrations, New Street, Burton-on-Trent

The decorations in New Street for Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee 1897, as viewed from the end of the street nearest High Street. New Street No.1 Crossing can be seen in the distance. The arch over ...

Dutch Market at the Castle Grounds, Tamworth

First Aiders event, Cannock area

St. John Ambulance cadets and nursing officers gathered for an unknown occasion. A lady in civilian clothes shakes hands with a lady officer, while the rest of the group look on.

Hednesford Mines Rescue Team

The date and team members’ names are currently unknown. Formed in 1912-1913 with volunteer miners, and working then from the disused gasworks site in Victoria Street, the Hednesford team grew to be widely ...

Lea Hall Colliery First Aid team

Members of the First Aid team 1980-1 each holding a silver cup. Second on the left is Steve Perrin, Middle: Richard Instone, Right: Richard Barber. Lea Hall was the first colliery planned and sunk ...

Lichfield - 17th century Tokens: engraving

'Town Pieces,' showing 15, 17th century Tokens including one of Lichfield of 1670, octagonal, obverse, 'To supply the poores need;' reverse, 'is Charity indeed 1670,' around the words, 'The City of Lich ...

Littleton Colliery First Aid and Rescue Teams

Members of Littleton Colliery First Aid and Rescue Teams dressed in suits and ties, with cups and trophies displayed on a table outside one of the colliery buildings. Standing behind the table, left to ...

North Staffs Medical Institute, Hartshill Road, Stoke-on-Trent

The North Staffs Medical institute stands on Harsthill Road. Opened in April 1965, it was nearing completion at the time of this photograph. The centre was one of the first purpose built post graduate ...

Opening ceremony of Dutch Market, Bandstand, Castle Grounds, Tamworth

During the 1915 August Bank Holidays this fund raising Dutch market was held in the Castle grounds and was organised jointly by the Red Cross and the Tamworth Ladies' Working League. The market was opened ...

Parade in St. Editha's Square, Church Street, Tamworth

Red Cross Nurses and Cadets on parade in St. Editha's Square, with the Tamworth Co-op Department store in the background.

Pattingham Red Cross at the Vicarage

Front row (left to right): Mrs.Warner, Miss Nicholls, Mrs. Hann, Rene Shanks, Mary Lycett, Jessie Inett, Mrs. Boswell, Mrs. Crutchley, Mrs. Dyke, Mrs. Wall, Mrs. Matthews, Mrs. Page.

Portrait of Mrs Jane Ridgway, Hednesford

Studio portrait of Mrs Jane Ridgway in the uniform of the St. John Ambulance Brigade. She is wearing a grey dress with white collar and cuffs, a white apron with the cross of St. John on the bib, and ...

Potteries Gentlemen pledge support for House of Industry scheme

February 1794 began with a pledge of support from several Potteries gentlemen towards a scheme for a new House of Industry in the Parish of Stoke-upon-Trent. The House of Industry was to provide relief ...

12