Theme Explorer

Start Again > Health & Welfare > Clinics, Health Centres & Surgeries
Page 1 of 2 23 Records Found
12

Alfred Parker, Chemist, High Street, Uttoxeter

Advertisement for Alfred Parker, manufacturing pharmacist, optician, dentist, and practical photographic chemist, 9 High Street, Uttoxeter.

Blood donors, Heath House Auxiliary Hospital, Tean

Volunteer blood donors being attended to by nurses at Heath House, near Tean. With the support of the Phillips family, Heath House was used as a Red Cross Auxiliary Hospital between 1941 and 1946. Photographer: ...

Car outside Number 12 Albert Road, Tamworth

Dr McColl with his son Hugh and daughter Helen, outside their house and surgery in the 1920's.

Dentists, Earl Street, Stafford

Double ended measure

Turned wooden double-ended egg cup shaped measure. One end slightly larger than other. Use not known, but probably used by a chemist or pharmacist to measure medical powders by volume. From the ...

Earl Street, Stafford, (2)

The building in the centre was the headquarters of the County Library. On the left is Thomasson's dentists surgery.

Interior of Littleton Colliery Medical Centre

Sick or injured men were treated here before gong to hospital or to their own doctor. Cannock and Huntington Collieries Company started sinking both No. 1 Shaft and No. 2 Shaft in January 1877. By ...

Kidsgrove Health Centre

This photograph of the Health Centre, Market Street, Kidsgrove was taken by Stafford photographer Tony Boydon during 1974. In later years the building was known as Wade Court. In the background on ...

Kingsmead, Kings Bromley

Kingsmead, a Staffordshire County Council holiday home at Kings Bromley, now a care home. The water tower in the background is all that remains of the Manor at Kings Bromley, also known as Kings Bromley ...

Laudanum and Neuralgia

During the Victorian period cures for diseases were often more dangerous than the illness itself. Laudanum is a notable example of the Victorian cure. Pharmacies could prescribe the dangerous drug ...

Lounge, Royal Brine Baths, Stafford,

The brine baths were believed to cure rheumatism, the warm brine improving circulation. Each patient was allotted a private bath and dressing room. In the 1880s a thick bed of salt was discovered ...

Magneto Electric Machine

The Magneto Electric Machine was an early electro-therapeutic device. It was to used to treat 'nervous disorders'. A patient would place their fingers in the metal tubes and an electric current was generated ...

Model of Rugeley Health Centre

A photograph of the model of Rugeley Health Centre which was to be built in Horsefair, Rugeley. The model was constructed by the County Planning Office in Stafford. The premises have since been demolished ...

Offices of Joules Brewery, Stone,

Offices of Joules Brewery in High Street. Francis Joule came into possession of the White House Inn and brewhouse at Stone in 1758. Nine years later he demolished the inn and built a house, which ...

Private Bath, Royal Brine Baths, Stafford,

The brine baths were believed to cure rheumatism, the warm brine improving circulation. Each patient was allotted a private bath and dressing room. In the 1880s a thick bed of salt was discovered ...

Shooting Butts School, Rugeley

A visit to the dentist at Shooting Butts. Shooting Butts Camp School, Penkridge Bank Road, Rugeley was opened in May1940 for evacuee boys from Birmingham. There was also a similar Camp School for girls ...

Stafford Central Clinic

The Central Clinic in North Walls, Stafford pictured during demolition. This site formed part of a redevelopment and the clinic building was due to be replaced by the construction of a Morrison's supermarket. ...

Stoke-on-Trent Mass Radiography Centre, Ashlands, Stoke-on-Trent

Ashlands is the large detached house in the centre of the photograph on Hartshill Road, just before the junction with The Avenue. Off to the left was the Limes Maternity Hospital. Ashlands was the Mass ...

12