Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 65 1162 Records Found

19 Victoria Street, Wolverhampton

Despite the misleading sign over the first floor window, this timber-framed building dates from the early 17th century, and not from 1300. It stands on the corner of Victoria Street and St. John Street, ...

2 Brook Street, Stoke

This plan is of 2 Brook Street in Stoke. It was designed by Henrey Ward and constructed in 1838. It is now Grade II listed. Diagrams (clockwise from top left): - Front of building - First floor plan - ...

28-29, High Street, Kinver

An Grade 2 listed 18th century (with 19th century alterations) house of six bays, which has a two-bay pediment. It now incorporates a pair of shops flanking this central bay and pair of windows.

48 Broad Street, Hanley

In the 1960s, number 48 Broad Street was occupied by Gestetner, a company that manufactured duplication and reproducing machines in the days before photocopiers. Gestetnering involved making a stencil ...

A Bedroom at Beaudesert Hall

There were many bedrooms at Beaudesert. In this photograph the bed has a Venetian-patterned silk damask cover, the headboard and hangings are of a similar type of material. Beaudesert Hall was the ...

A Bedroom at Beaudesert Hall

There were many bedrooms at Beaudesert. This panelled room with a stone fireplace is thought to be one of the bedrooms from a group of rooms located above the Long Gallery known as “The Nurseries”. Beaudesert ...

A Bedroom at Beaudesert Hall

Pictured is one of the bedrooms from a group of rooms located above the Long Gallery known as “The Nurseries”. As with many rooms at Beaudesert the walls were hung with Chinese wallpaper and here it ...

A Bedroom at Beaudesert Hall

There were many bedrooms at Beaudesert. In this photograph the bed has a Venetian-patterned silk damask cover and the headboard is covered with a similar type of material. Beaudesert Hall was the ...

A Corridor at Beaudesert Hall

Pictured is one of the corridors at Beaudesert Hall. Beaudesert Hall was the mansion of the Pagets, Marquesses of Anglesey. Its core was medieval, with later alterations. James Wyatt and Joseph Potter ...

A Corridor at Beaudesert Hall

Pictured is an original timber-framed passage leading to the Billiard Room. The passage was renovated after the 1909 fire and the old carved oak arch (which did not belong to the house) was added. Beaudesert ...

A general view of Rugeley

A postcard view of Rugeley. The photograph was taken from the St. Augustine's church tower looking south towards Stile Cop on the horizon. At the right is Anson Street: the small timber-framed building ...

A view of Speedwell Castle, Brewood

Speedwell Castle can just be seen to the left of this photograph. It was paid for by proceeds won from betting on 'Speedwell', a horse owned by the Duke of Bolton. Speedwell Castle is thought to have ...

Adderley Green Schools. Photographed by William Blake.

View of Adderley Green Schools just off Anchor Road, Adderley Green, Nr. Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Advertisement for Marson's Grocers, High House, Stafford,

Tea wrapper from William Marson's grocery business, established in the High House in 1827. The High House was built on Greengate Street by Richard Dorrington in 1595. The timber was said to have come ...

Aerial View from St. Mary's Church Tower, Stafford

View over Greengate Street and down Martin Street. On the right can be seen the timber framed buildings of the Bear Inn and the Ancient High House. To the left of the Bear Inn is Mottram's Jewellers. In ...

Aerial view of Bilbrook Manor, Bilbrook

This aerial photograph of Bilbrook Manor was taken from the south (Pendeford, Wolverhampton direction). It displays the extensive plot and gardens which the manor contained. The Twentyman family lived ...

Aerial view of Lancashire Dynamo Electronic Products Ltd's factory site, Brereton

The L.D.E.P. factory was built in 1955 with several subsequent extensions. The two and three storey office block at the top of this image dates from 1961; its top storey housed a conference room and ...

Aerial View of Stafford from St. Mary's Church Tower

View looking towards Greengate Street. The church tower belongs to St. Chad's. The timber framed building in the foreground is the Ancient High House, built in 1595. King Charles I stayed here in ...