Theme Explorer

Start Again > Buildings, Architecture, Monuments > Shops, Showrooms & Retail Parks
Page 80 of 81 1450 Records Found

White Swan Inn, Newport Lane, Middleport

The photograph shows the White Swan Inn at 107 Newport Lane, Middleport where there has been an inn or beerhouse since the 1830s. This building was originally two modest semi-detached houses, which had ...

Whitehouse Road, Abbey Hulton, Stoke-on-Trent

The junction of Whitehouse Road and Leek Road (A5009) in Abbey Hulton. On the left, on the corner, is a co-op shop, a branch of the Burslem and District Industrial Co-operative Society. Founded in 1901, ...

Wiggin Grocery Stores, Coven

Wigham, Tea and Coffee dealer, 12 Tamworth Street, Lichfield

Cuthbert Thomas Wigham was a noted Lichfield businessman. He took over the grocery on Tamworth Street from John Fowler in 1898 and, as well as the Lichfield store, he then opened further branches in Tamworth, ...

Wilcox Tobacconist and Confectioners, Stone

Wilcox wholesale and retail tobacconist and confectioners, Radford Street Stone. The Misses Wilcox lived in the attached house. The building is now (2013) the home of Gannon's Bar at the Blue Rooms.

Wilcox Tobacconist's shop, Radford Street, Stone

This shop has since been converted into a bistro and is now (2006) occupied by The Blue Rooms.

Wile's Tobacconists Shop, Stafford,

Tobacconist's shop at 12 Market Square. The building on the left is Boots chemists.

Wilkinsons, Market Street, Tamworth

The Berni Steak House at the Peel Arms Hotel at number 1, Market Street, Tamworth. The Peel Arms Hotel was in existence by 1841. Prior to 2016, numbers 1,2 and 3 were purchased and altered to become a ...

William Booth's Visit to Stone,

William Booth (1829 - 1912), known as 'General Booth', founded the Christian Mission in 1865. The movement aimed to help the poor and needy of London's East End, and as it developed was renamed the ...

William Marson and the Old Curiosity Shop, Stafford,

William Albert Marson owned a high class family grocer's shop, established in the High House on Greengate Street. Marson was also a lay reader and held sermons in several churches within the Stafford ...

Wilson Road, Hanford

This is a view along Wilson Road from its junction with Mayne Street. The cottages on the right hand side of Wilson Road have been demolished. The houses and corner shop in the centre of the photograph ...

Window Display of Ladies' Shoes, Lotus, Stafford,

Lotus was originally named Bostock's and was founded in the eighteenth century by Thomas Bostock, a cobbler. His three sons started their own factories in Stafford, Stone and Northampton. Edwin Bostock's ...

Window Display of Men's Shoes, Lotus, Stafford,

Lotus was originally named Bostock's and was founded in the eighteenth century by Thomas Bostock, a cobbler. His three sons started their own factories in Stafford, Stone and Northampton. Edwin Bostock's ...

Wolstanton High Street, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Looking down Wolstanton High Street. Ernest Swettenham's grocery shop can be seen on the corner of High Street and Ellison Street, on the right hand side. This postcard captures the period, with the tram ...

Wolstanton postcard,Newcastle-under-Lyme

Wolstanton, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Wolstanton County Grammar School was opened in 1928

Wolverhampton - Market Place

Showing the Market Place, facing Dudley Street. Davenhill's [later Bevan's] is on the left, next to the Old Angel and the Swan Inns. There are five houses on the west side of the High Street to the ...

Wolverhampton - Market Place: etching

'Woolverhampton (sic).' View looking towards the end of the High Street near the church. Showing a lively scene among butcher's stalls, with J. Likly's [later Cope's] and Bevan's liquor shops on either ...