Theme Explorer

Page 8 of 8 144 Records Found

The Tiko Bake Shop and Coffee House, Sheridan Centre, Stafford

The Tiko Bake Shop and Coffee House formed part of the Sheridan Centre which was developed in the 1970s. In later years the centre was partly demolished and given a £5 million redevelopment which officially ...

The Upper House, Barlaston

Built in 1845 for Francis Wedgwood, Upper House later became the home of the Barton-Land family. The house was bequeathed to the County Council in 1954 as a home for the blind, and until around 2005 was ...

The Woodman , Bilbrook

The Woodman Inn stands on the north side of the Green and was in existance by 1834.

The Zetland Cafe, Market Square, Stafford

Agnes Galloway opened the Zetland Café on the first floor of 54a Greengate Street in 1910, but moved to this site at 13-14 Market Square the following year. The café closed when the owners ...

Tipperary Tea Rooms

The 'Tipperary Tea Rooms' stood at the junction named Harley's corner, the location of which is at the corner of Penkridge Bank and Stafford Brook Road. During the First World War it had regular trade ...

Tipperary Tea Rooms, Cannock Chase

The 'Tipperary Tea Rooms' stood at the junction named Harley's corner, the location of which is at the corner of Penkridge Bank and Stafford Brook Road. The sign above the door identifies the proprietor ...

Upper Brook Street, Rugeley

A quiet scene in Upper Brook Street, Rugeley. On the left is a glimpse of a sign for the Crown public house and on the right are several set-back shops which replaced cottages demolished in the 1930s. ...

Upper Brook Street, Rugeley

This postcard view of Upper Brook Street looks north-east towards Brook Square. On the left is the Globe Hotel and further along is Hindley’s café, several of the buildings on this side of the street ...

View of Martindale's Tea Gardens, Kinver

View of the Edge View Hotel, Kinver

The Edge View Hotel was built in about 1900, to help cater for the many people who came to visit Kinver on the Light Railway. The hotel contained the Cafe Royale tea rooms, which had seating for over ...

View of Wells Tea Rooms, Stone Lane, Kinver

Village store and coffee house, Oakamoor

During the 1890s, this building doubled as both a village store and coffee house, serving the village of Oakamoor. It must have been quite a novelty for such a small village to have a coffee house; ...

Vintage brewery vehicles, Town Centre, Burton-on Trent

Three vintage vehicles from breweries in Burton-on-Trent, outside McDonalds to celebrate its opening. From left to right: Ind Coope orange car with soft top, Bass Worthington bottle car, and Marston Thompson ...

Wedding party, Milford

Wedding party of Thomas Henry Hancox and Lizzie Dodd, who were married on 20 February 1920, Walton on the Hill. They are pictured in front of the 'Old Dame Coffee House' in Milford.

White Lion Street, Stafford,

This photograph was taken from Wolverhampton Road. The building on the right lasted until the 1970s when, along with Camden Place and Timmis' Antique Shop it was demolished to make way for the inner ...

Wolverhampton Road, Stafford

Photograph includes Pilkington's vintage cycle shop, Owen's sweet shop, and Island Cafe.

Works Dinner, Lotus Ltd., Stone

Employees of Lotus Ltd., Stone pictured waiting to start their meal at a works dinner in the Lotus Club. Seated at the table centre right is Miss Christine Williams (wearing glasses and a black dress). ...

Ye Olde Mill Cafe, Alton

The mill building was turned into a cafe some time after the mill closed c1932. The premises was also used as a petrol station for many years, which meant it was a convenient stop-off place for visitors ...