Theme Explorer

Start Again > Business, Trade & Industry > Gas, Elecricity & Water
Page 6 of 13 227 Records Found

English Electric Co., Stafford Works Fire Engine

Pictured is the English Electric Co. Land Rover fire engine which was painted bright red. It was housed in the Lichfield Road site Fire Station along with pumps and firefighting equipment and stood alongside ...

English Electric Co., Stafford, Annual Fire Brigade Competitions

The English Electric Co. had many large manufacturing sites around the United Kingdom, each with their own Fire Brigades. Over the years annual inter-works competitions were held for the Fire Crews. ...

English Electric Co., Stafford, Annual Fire Brigade Competitions

The English Electric Co. had many large manufacturing sites around the United Kingdom with their own Fire Brigades and over the years held annual inter-works competitions for the Fire Crews. Pictured ...

English Electric Co., Stafford, Annual Fire Brigade Competitions

One of the Fire Brigade teams is pictured preparing hoses to aim at the competition targets. The day’s events took place at Stychfields sports field, adjacent to the Stafford Works. In the background ...

English Electric Cricket Team, Stafford

Many local companies encouraged their workers to participate in sports and social activities. Front row, fourth from left is John Rigby, a that time working in the Test Department at English Electric The ...

English Electric Fire Brigade, Stafford,

Pictured are seven firemen from the English Electric Co. Lichfield Road site in Stafford. They are holding the Chief Officer's shield and trophies following being voted 'Best Industrial Fire Brigade ...

Erecting power lines, Ladderedge, near Leek

Electricity power line erecting team at work at Ladderedge, near Leek. The men pictured worked for Callender's Cable & Construction Company Limited and were based in Stoke on Trent. The truck belonged ...

Erecting power lines, Ladderedge, near Leek

Electricity power line erecting team at work at Ladderedge, near Leek. Hanging in mid air is Eddie Birks. The men pictured worked for Callender's Cable & Construction Company Limited and were based in ...

Etruria Gas Works, Stoke-on-Trent

A view from North Street towards Etruria gasworks. Etruria gas works opened in 1904 to produce town gas and was owned by the City of Stoke-on-Trent Gas department from 1922 until the industry was nationalised ...

Etruria Road, Shelton, Stoke-on-Trent

View of Etruria from Etruria Road, Shelton. The two large gasometers seen in the background were demolished in 1986.

Etruria Road, Shelton, Stoke-on-Trent

Snowy scene of Etruria from Etruria Road, Shelton. The two large gasometers seen in the background were demolished in 1986.

Felling of Grange Pumping Station Chinmey, Burton-on-Trent

Female Munition Workers from Siemens Factory, Stafford,

A studio portrait of eight female munition workers, wearing overalls and caps, from Siemen's Engineering Works. Siemens relocated to Stafford from Woolwich in 1903 and manufactured generators, electric ...

Female Munition Workers outside Siemens Factory, Stafford,

Large group of female munition workers outside Siemens factory on Lichfield Road. The banner reads 'Siemens Munition Works - What the girls are doing for the men at the Front'. The photograph was taken ...

Female Workers, Siemens Works, Stafford

Siemens Bros. Electrical Engineering Works opened its Lichfield Road factory in 1903, after relocating from Woolwich with 800 of its employees. The company manufactured generators, electric motors and ...

Female Workers, Siemens Works, Stafford

Siemens Bros. Electrical Engineering Works opened its Lichfield Road factory in 1903, after relocating from Woolwich with 800 of its employees. The company manufactured generators, electric motors and ...

Five-A-Side Football at GEC Turbine Generators Ltd., Stafford

Pictured are the Winners of the annual GEC Turbine Generators Inter-department 5-A-Side Football competition, Machine Shops ‘A’ Team, left to right: Joe Banton, Rob Skelton, Geoff Edensor, Doug Dawson ...

Gas House, Trentham Hall

When Trentham Hall was rebuilt by Sir Charles Barry between 1834 and 1849 a new form of lighting was installed at the Hall: gas. As the nearest gas supplier was located in Etruria, the Trentham Estate ...