Theme Explorer

Page 52 of 54 967 Records Found

Uttoxeter Station

Watch on Youtube
 Youtube Video

Dove Bank Station was the original Churnet Valley station at Uttoxeter. Trains from Stoke-on-Trent to Derby called at the company’s Bridge Street station. To save passengers the inconvenience of travelling ...

Uttoxeter station

Pictured here in around 1960, Uttoxeter remained an important junction on the route of the old North Staffordshire Railway. To the south - behind the camera - the line still runs around the edge of ...

Uttoxeter station football team

Twelve members of the Uttoxeter station football team pose for a photograph during the 1960s. This image is included by kind permission of the Churnet Valley Railway.

View down the Brewery Yard, Bass, Burton-on-Trent

View down the yard, looking towards Station Street. A sign over a doorway into the Union Room says " Bass Ratcliff & Gretton, Licensed Brewers of Beer For Sale" .

View of the approach to the Railway Station, Blythe Bridge

The cottages on the left have long since gone and been replaced by modern housing. A primitive telephone exchange was established in the house with the bay window. On the right can be seen the Railway ...

View of The Churnet Valley Railway, Uttoxeter

A photograph taken from the Uttoxeter Bypass bridge looking north towards Spath. The fields in the foreground left are now occupied by a scrap yard.

Village store and coffee house, Oakamoor

During the 1890s, this building doubled as both a village store and coffee house, serving the village of Oakamoor. It must have been quite a novelty for such a small village to have a coffee house; ...

W.S. Leach, Wife & Dog at Knutton

Outdoor portrait of a man, a woman and a Staffordshire Bull Terrier taken at Knutton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. Chimney stacks, railway signals and a church can be seen in the background. The ...

Wagon Maintenance, Stubbs and Co. Salt Works, Stafford,

Railway wagon in for repair at the workshop, Stubbs Saltworks. Brine deposits were discovered under Stafford Common in 1877, during a search for water supplies for the town. In 1893 the Stafford Salt ...

Walker Brothers Oil Tanker, Leek

Walker Brothers Oil Tanker on a railway siding Leek Brook Junction. In 1928 Walker Brothers Oil became William Walker and Sons (Hanley) Limited and until the end of the Second World War the company ...

Wall Grange Pumping Station, near Cheddleton

The building to the right of the image is the Staffordshire Potteries Water Works Company's Wall Grange Pumping Station, built in 1849 was the first one locally to have provided water to Stoke on Trent. ...

Wall Grange Railway Station, near Cheddleton

Wall Grange Station was opened in 1873. The line was originally constructed as single track throughout from Milton Junction (where the line diverged from the Biddulph Valley line) to Leek Brook Junction. ...

Wall Grange Railway Station, near Cheddleton

Wall Grange Station was opened in 1873. The line was originally constructed as single track throughout from Milton Junction (where the line diverged from the Biddulph Valley line) to Leek Brook Junction. ...

Wall Grange Station, near Cheddleton

Wall Grange Station was opened in 1873. The line was originally constructed as single track throughout from Milton Junction (where the line diverged from the Biddulph Valley line) to Leek Brook Junction. ...

Wall Grange Station, near Cheddleton

Wall Grange Station was opened in 1873. The line was originally constructed as single track throughout from Milton Junction (where the line diverged from the Biddulph Valley line) to Leek Brook Junction. ...

Wall Grange Station, near Cheddleton

Wall Grange Station was opened in 1873. The line was originally constructed as single track throughout from Milton Junction (where the line diverged from the Biddulph Valley line) to Leek Brook Junction. ...

Water troughs

A Colwyn Bay to Walsall express train passes over the water troughs at Whitmore in the Autumn of 1933. Many steam engines were fitting with scoops on their tenders, allowing them to replenish their ...

Waterhouses Signal Box at Amerton Railway

This signal box was originally sited on the Leek and Manifold Valley Light Railway and North Staffordshire Railway at Waterhouses Station. It controlled both the narrow gauge and standard gauge lines ...