Theme Explorer

Page 52 of 52 932 Records Found

Wilnecote,Tamworth

Looking down Watling Street, the shop at the top of the steps is the Chemist and in the distance is Quarry Hill.

Wilnecote,Tamworth

Looking down Watling Street, the shop at the top of the steps is the Chemist and in the distance is Quarry Hill.

Windmill, Enville Common

Built in about 1800-1801, this windmill stands at Philley Brook on Enville Common and worked until around 1870. It had four sails, a boat cap, a fantail and two pairs of stones. The cap survived until ...

Winner of the Best Kept Village award, Pattingham

Wombourne

The large village of Wombourne is situated five miles south- west of Wolverhampton. Its name is thought to derive from Wom brook, a tributary of Smestow brook, meaning a ‘winding stream’. In the Domesday ...

Wood Hall Farm, Codsall

Wood Hall Farm stands on a medieval moated site known to have been inhabited by the early 14th century. The house was rebuilt in 1835 and the northern arm of the moat was filled in at the same time.

Wood Lane, Audley

A view of Wood Lane taken by Thomas Warham of Audley.The lane is a former route which links Audley with Woodhouse Farm, now Apedale Road.

Wood Road, Codsall

Workers' cottages, Churchbridge, Great Wyrley

Cottages built as worker's accommodation by Gilpin's, edge tool makers, whose works were nearby. They have since been demolished. The Bedford van is marked Midland Construction on the front. It ...

Wyre End Cottages, Penkridge

Wyre Hall, Penkridge

Wyre Hall stands on the Cannock Road and is a stone and brick house dating in part from the early 17th century. Additions were made to the house in the 19th century.

Ye Olde Mill Cafe, Alton

The mill building was turned into a cafe some time after the mill closed c1932. The premises was also used as a petrol station for many years, which meant it was a convenient stop-off place for visitors ...

Ye Olde Red Lion. Photographed by William Blake.

Village scene taken at Ipstones, Nr. Leek, Staffordshire. The picture includes a group of youngsters and "Ye Old Red Lion" public house.

Yoxall

The village of Yoxall is situated north east of the city of Lichfield. The river Swarbourne flows through it to join the Trent and it is thought that the original Anglo-Saxon settlement may have been ...