Theme Explorer

More than 2000 results were returned, we've just shown the first 2000. Use the sub themes, where available, to refine your results.
Page 4 of 112 2000 Records Found

After the fire at Denstone Preparatory School

Denstone College was begun in 1868 and opened in 1873 as St. Chad's College with 46 boys. It was designed by William Slater and R.C. Carpenter in a Gothic style. The Chapel was built in 1879-87 and the ...

After the fire at Fatty Arbuckles,

Fatty Arbuckle's night club after the fire in 1991. The club was previously known as 'Top of the World' and has since become 'The Colloseum' and 'Zanzibar'.

After the fire at Huggins and Chambers, High Street, Uttoxeter

Huggins and Chambers ironmongers, and vendor of "Witchem's Firelighters", 3 High Street. This image is No.1 in a series of postcards by Alfred McCann, taken in the aftermath of the fire which completely ...

After the fire at Huggins and Chambers, High Street, Uttoxeter

A crowd stand in front of the scorched and boarded premises of Hawkinsons' Chemist, surveying the damage to Huggins and Chambers, ironmongers and vendors of "Witchem's Firelighters", 3 High Street. The ...

Aftermath of the Fauld explosion

On the morning of November 27, 1944, a huge explosion took place after the accidental ignition of 3,500 tons of explosives stored by the RAF in a disused gypsum mine. Upper Castle Hayes Farm was completely ...

Aftermath of the Fauld Explosion

On the morning of November 27, 1944, a huge explosion took place after the accidental ignition of 3,500 tons of explosives stored by the RAF in a disused gypsum mine. Upper Castle Hayes Farm was completely ...

Aftermath of the pit explosion at West Cannock No. 5 Mine, Hednesford

Miner being comforted following a firedamp explosion in the pit on May 16 1933, which killed 6 men and 2 horses. West Cannock Colliery Company had 5 sites: No.1 plant (pit) was sunk in 1869 and ...

Agricultural Event, Ingestre Hall,

Ingestre Hall was built by Sir Walter Chetwynd in 1613. By the eighteenth century it had been acquired by the Talbots, who remodelled parts of the hall in the early 1800s. The Talbots became the Earls ...

Agricultural machinery displays, Staffordshire Show, Lichfield

Display of agricultural machinery at Messrs F. Burgess Ltd.'s stand at the 1939 Staffordshire Show, held at Beacon Park, Lichfield. A wide range of equipment can be seen, including tedders, reaper-binders, ...

Agricultural Show, Stone

High Street decorated possibly for Staffordshire Agricultural Society's annual County Show, which was first held at Stone in 1844. On the left are the offices of Joule's brewery. The County Show was held ...

Air race biplane, near Lichfield

Photographic postcard of the London-Manchester air race held between Claude Graham–White and Louis Paulham in 1910, the world's first long distance air race. This view shows Graham-White's biplane, probably ...

Air Training Corps Recruitment Display, Stone

The aim of the Air Training Corps was to prepare cadets for service in the Royal Airforce or the Fleet Air Arm of the Royal Navy. The Stone Air Defence Cadet Corps (later the A.T.C.) was founded in ...

Air Training Corps, Mayor's Civic Parade, Stone

The aim of the Air Training Corps was to prepare cadets for service in the Royal Airforce or the Fleet Air Arm of the Royal Navy. The Stone Air Defence Cadet Corps (later the A.T.C.) was founded in ...

Aircraft incident at Mill Meece

A De Havilland Rapide aircraft is pictured after making a forced landing at Mill Meece. The eight-seater aircraft was on the way from Elmdon Airport, Birmingham to Squires Gate, Blackpool. The pilot ...

Alders Paper Mill float, Railway Goods Yard, Tamworth

The Alders Paper Mill ship float and employees are pictured here, ready for the Tamworth Carnival, in the Railway Goods Yard.

All Saints' Church Club Day, Leek

All Saints’ Church Club Day procession with the church banner by the Nicholson Memorial at the eastern end of Derby Street. In the background is the Talbot Hotel on Ashbourne Road, which was refurbished ...

Alrewas War Memorial

The First World War Memorial situated on Main Street at the junction with Post Office Road. This area was formerly known as 'The Green'.

Alstom, Lichfield Road, Stafford

Pupils from Silkmore Primary School, Stafford are pictured in front of a Goliath tractor at the Queensville area of the Lichfield Road site in Stafford. During the visit to the site they toured the Power ...