Theme Explorer

Page 4 of 51 904 Records Found

Bairstow's Pottery, Shelton, Stoke-on-Trent

P E Bairstow & Co had their works in Mount Pleasant, in the area known as Tinkersclough. The company was founded at the end of the Second World War and initially produced bone china "Fancies Fayre". Later, ...

Balmoral Works, Longton

Photograph taken from near the new railway bridge. The Balmoral Works were occupied by porcelain manufacturers Redfern & Drakeford between about 1902 and 1933.

Bamfords and JCB machinery, Oldfields Secondary Modern School, Uttoxeter

Bamfords and JCB machinery pictured outside the new school block, built in 1959, at Oldfields Scondary Modern School, Uttoxeter. On the right is a JCB Excavator 4, with a Bamford-Claeys M103 combine ...

Barker Brothers Ltd, Meir Works, Longton.

Barker Brothers (Ltd.), china and earthenware manufacturers, moved to the Meir Works on Barker Street in 1880-1882. The factory closed in 1981.

Barker Street , Longton

Photograph taken looking towards the north-west. St. James's Church is visible. St. James the Less Church on Uttoxeter Road, Longton. A Commissioners' Church built in 1832-34 to designs by T. Johnson ...

Barker Street, Longton

Photograph taken looking towards Barlow Street.

Barlow Street, Longton

Photograph taken from Barker St & the pottery on the left was Gallimore’s Garfield Works. Among several previous owners were Roper & Meredith 1913 to 1924, A.E.Jones & Adderley’s. In the centre distance ...

Barlow Street, Longton

Photograph taken from Sutherland Rd looking up Barlow St (Upper Hill Sreet) –on the left is the Longton Pottery Company’s Bluebell Works owned by A.T.Finney & Sons Ltd. On the right is Duchess China also ...

Baswich Salt Works

Brine tanks at Baswich Salt works. Eric Ingham of English Electric company, publicity section standing to left in photograph. Brine deposits were discovered under Stafford Common in 1877, during a ...

Baswich Salt Works

The brine tanks at Baswich Salt Works. Eric Ingham of English Electric Co publicity section standing centre, back to the camera. Brine deposits were discovered under Stafford Common in 1877, during ...

Baswich Salt Works

Brine deposits were discovered under Stafford Common in 1877, during a search for water supplies for the town. In 1893 the Stafford Salt and Alkali Co. was founded on Common Road. The company opened ...

Baswich Salt Works interior

Worker taking readings from instrument panel and filling in ledger entry. Brine deposits were discovered under Stafford Common in 1877, during a search for water supplies for the town. In 1893 the ...

Baswich Salt Works, Stafford,

Brine deposits were discovered under Stafford Common in 1877, during a search for water supplies for the town. In 1893 the Stafford Salt and Alkali Co. was founded on Common Road. The company opened ...

Battery Electric Shunter, GEC Turbine Generators Ltd., Stafford

This 70hp Battery Electric Locomotive is pictured close to the One Million Volts Test facility by the GEC Switchgear Division buildings adjacent to the West Coast Main Line and near to GEC Turbine Generators ...

Beardmore's old pottery, City Road, Fenton

This photograph was taken looking westwards from close to the corner of Fountain Street and City Road. On the left is Frank Beardmore's old Sutherland Pottery, dating from 1901, although the works had ...

Bedford Pottery Works, Shelton

The building in the photograph was once part of the Bedford Works of Ridgeway Potteries and this frontage is all that remains of the once extensive works. At its height the works ran down Bedford Street ...

Bedford Street Lock and Mellor's Millers on the Caldon Canal, Hanley

This photograph was taken from the Bedford Street Locks (locks 1 and 2) looking north along the Caldon Canal towards Mellor' Mills wharf and works. The canal bends sharply round to the left towards the ...

Belle Vale, Cradley Heath, West Midlands

A snowy view from the road looking towards a bridge at Belle Vale, Cradley Heath. An industrial building and large slag heap are in the background. Photographer: Albert Henry Yelland.