Theme Explorer

Page 4 of 21 361 Records Found

Christmas at the Children's Ward of Stafford General Infirmary

A group of children and nurses are pictured here with the Lady Mayor, seen wearing a hat in the centre of the photograph. Included on the right hand side of the photograph are Matron Crawley and Sister ...

Civic Party visits RAF Stafford

Chairman and Vice-chairman of Staffordshire County Council, together with County Councillors and Officers, along with members of Stafford Rural District Council and representatives of the County Police ...

Civic Procession outside the Guildhall, Bore Street, Lichfield

Coat of Arms of Stoke on Trent

Coronation mug presentation, Christ Church School, Stone

Presentation of Coronation mugs to children at Christ Church Schools by Councillor T. Bagley (Chairman of the Council) and Councillor R. F. Goodill (Vice Chairman of Council). Part of the town's celebrations ...

Coronation procession to mark Queen Elizabeth II's accesion to the throne, Leek

Chairman and local councillors of the Leek Urban District Council heading to the Parish Church for a special service to mark the new queen's accession.

Corporation Cottages, Castle Hill Road, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Corporation Cottages date from 1915 and were the first council houses in Newcastle. They were built as a result of a campaign led by John Mayer, the first Labour representitive on the Borough Council.

Corporation Depot, Lammascote Road, Stafford

These four well-groomed and bedecked horses are lined up at the Corporation Depot for the May Day parade, which was judged by Mr L C Hiner, Works Superintendent at the Depot. Left to right are: “Prince” ...

Council of Management, Berkswich Parish Hall

Berkswich Parsih Hall Council of Management pictured outside the newly built hall in 1931. Back row: Mr S. Lewis, Miss Tagg, Mr H.F. Sadler, Mrs Cook, Mr W.J. Shepherd, Mr H.J. Clay, Mrs Wilson, Miss ...

Council Offices, Church Street, Cannock

Cannock Urban District Council Offices and depot on Church Street, Cannock. The Urban District Council was established under the Local Government Act of 1894.

Councillor Charles Jones, Mayor of Stafford

Stafford’s Mayor and Signalman, Councillor Charles Jones, is seen at work in No. 5 signal box near Stafford Station. Councillor Jones was Mayor of Stafford during 1953 and 1954 and he is pictured having ...

Councillors at a town twinning ceremony, Uttoxeter

Uttoxeter councillors, Bamfords representatives and members of the French delegation from Fumel. Back row: Roger Claypham, Jim Badgery, Un-named French delegate, Len Smith, Jack Kenny, Middle Row: Ruth ...

County Buildings, Stafford,

The County Buildings opened in Martin Street on 29 October 1895. Previously councillors had used the facilities in the Borough Hall and the Shire Hall. A competition was organised to find an architect, ...

County Council Meeting, Stafford,

The County Buildings opened in Martin Street on 29 October 1895. Previously councillors had used the facilities in the Borough Hall and the Shire Hall. A competition was organised to find an architect, ...

Crispin Inn Flower and Horticultural Show, Stafford

Pictured is ten year old Ann Minshall, daughter of the show committee Chairman, Mr H Minshall, as she presents a bouquet to the Mayoress of Stafford, Mrs C Jones at the Crispin Inn Flower and Horticultural ...

Cromartie Sutherland Leveson-Gower , 4th Duke of Sutherland

Cromartie Sutherland Leveson-Gower , 4th Duke of Sutherland (1851-1913) of Trentham Hall. He was Member of Parliament for Sutherland 1874-1886. Mezzotint after Herkomer. Published by G.T. Bagguley, ...

Cycling Proficiency Test, Stone

Councillor Arthur Swanwick and Mr M C Downing, Clerk to Stone Urban District Council are pictured with several of the 80 entrants who took part in a Cycling Proficiency Test in Stone on Saturday 12 October ...

David Kidney MP visits RAF Stafford

David Kidney MP pictured in the Gun Bay during his visit to RAF Stafford. Mr Kidney was Member of Parliament for Stafford from 1 May 1997 to 12 April 2010. RAF Stafford was formed 1 December 1939 following ...