Theme Explorer

Page 4 of 17 303 Records Found

Cresswell Station, Draycott-in-the-Moors

Cresswell Railway Station stood on the Stoke-on-Trent to Uttoxeter branch of the North Staffordshire Railway and opened in 1848. The station closed on 7th November 1966 and was demolished except for ...

Demolition of Stafford Railway Station

This station, built in 1862 was the third to occupy this site. Following its demolition in 1961 a new station was built as part of the modernisation programme which saw the introduction of electrification ...

Denstone Railway Station

Denstone Station stood on the Churnet Valley branch of the North Staffordshire Railway. It was originally built in 1849 for the Heywood family of Denstone.

Denstone Railway Station

Denstone railway station and level crossing on the Churnet Valley line. The station building was built in 1873 and closed in 1965. Wicker baskets are stacked behind the station worker and a small boy ...

Derby Lightweight Train at Stafford Station

This British Rail Derby Lightweight train with yellow whiskers ('cat’s whiskers') on the cab front is pictured standing at the south end of platform 2 at Stafford Station before departing for Birmingham. ...

Down platform, Stoke-on-Trent Railway Station

A view from the down (northbound) platform of Stoke Station. The photographer noted that "smoke from (steam) engines makes it dull". Soon after the photograph was taken, the lines were electrified (1967) ...

Edward, Prince of Wales' visit to Stafford

Prince of Wales, later Edward VIII, meeting people outside the front entrance of Stafford railway station. During this tour he also visited Sandon Hall, Stone, Trentham Park and the Potteries. This ...

Engine and Guards Van, Newcastle-under-Lyme Station.

A steam train thunders through Newcastle station. The engine is an Ivatt Class 4, built by the LMS from 1947. Newcastle railway station was situated off King Street, across from the Borough Arms Hotel. ...

Engraving of Trent Valley Station, Lichfield

Lichfield Trent Valley Station is on the West Coast main line from London to Carlisle. The former South Staffordshire railway, which now is the electric suburban cross-city service to Birmingham and Redditch, ...

Entrance and ticket office, Milton Railway Station, Stoke-on-Trent

The entrance to Milton Station was on Maunders Road (previously Station Road) on the north western edge of the village. The line was in a cutting and the platforns were below and behind the station building. ...

Entrance to Newchapel & Goldenhill Station, Stoke-on-Trent

The entrance to Newchapel & Goldenhill Station from Colclough Lane with the station nameboard visible just visible. The camera is looking north east and the houses beyond the station are on Birchenwood ...

Etruria Gas Works, Stoke on Trent

Overview of Etruria Gas Works with Stoke-on-Trent beyond. The gas works opened in 1904. The large gas holder back left was dismantled in 1991.

Etruria Railway Station

Etruria Station, Stoke-on-Trent

The camera is looking south from the down side platform along the down line towards Stoke Station. Etruria Station was opened in 1848, extended with the coming of the Loop Line in the 1870s and finally ...

Etruria Station, Stoke-on-Trent

The view from Etruria Station looking south along the up line. On the left are the gas holders of Etruria gasworks. The train of tankers is heading towards Stoke. Etruria Station opened in 1848 by ...

Etruria Station, Stoke-on-Trent

The camera is looking south towards Stoke Station from the up side platform at Etruria Station. The tank engine is on the down line heading towards Kidsgrove. To the right is Twyford's Etruria Works and ...

Fancy Dress group at Colwich Station

Fancy dress group in the entrance yard at Colwich Station, 1918.The entrance yard at Colwich station, with Main Road in the foreground. Handwritten on the reverse of this postcard: "Mrs Joe Harrison ...

Fenton Collieries from Derry Stree, Fenton

This was the view from Derry Street, a short street running north off Grove Road looking north east towards Fenton. To the right are the chimneys and winding gear of Glebe Colliery and Brickworks, now ...