Theme Explorer

Page 4 of 91 1628 Records Found

Averil's Old Shop, Stafford,

This timber framed building, built c. 1475, stood on Market Square, on the site now occupied by Boots. Over the years plaster had covered the timber structure and the timber framed effect was acquired ...

Avoca Street, Hanley

The camera is looking south east along Avoca Street and into Rawlins Street beyond. This is in the Northwood area of Hanley. Before the renaming of streets in the 1950s, Avoca was Taylor Street and Rawlins ...

A-Z Plant Hire, Tamworth

A-Z Plant Hire Ltd. at 27a, Market Street, Tamworth. The shop was later occupied by Active Audio but is currently (2019) vacant.

Bagguleys Book Shop, High Street, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Bagguley's Book Shop was situated on the High Street in Newcastle-under-Lyme. It also sold stationery and offered a book printing and binding service. The motorcar parked outside the shop would have ...

Bagnall's toy shop window, Stafford,

Shop window of Bagnall's Toys and Models, 18 Salter Street, Stafford. The window is full of toys and models from the Thunderbirds television series, advertising the film 'Thunderbirds Are Go!' which ...

Bagot Street, Abbots Bromley

This postcard view looks west along Bagot Street in Abbots Bromley. In the centre, on the left (opposite the horse and cart) there is a glimpse of Church House which stands on the corner of Church Lane ...

Bailey's Stores, Mill Street, Cannock

Bailey's grocery store with Roden's butchers next door. The buildings in this photograph were demolished in 1966 and the site now occupied by Tudor Employment. The white building on the right the other ...

Baker's Token

An undated copper farthing token. It is not known who issued this token. Obverse: 'HOT ROLES EVERY MORNING FROM 8 TILL 9'. Reverse: 'PRAISE GOD FOR ALL'. Wheat sheaf, peel and malkin. A peel is used ...

Ball Green War Memorial, Stoke-on-Trent

Alsio known as the Whitfield memorial, Ball Green War memorial stood at the junction of Wilding Road (right) and Whitfield Road in Ball Green. It was moved to a new site in Ball Green in 1964, just after ...

Bamfords decorated for a Royal visit, Lichfield

Bamfords occupied this site in Market Street from at least 1896 to around 1912. The building is here seen decorated, possibly to celebrate the coronation of Edward VII.

Band of Hope demonstration, Derby Street, Leek

Ball Haye Green Band of Hope march along Derby Street, watched by onlookers.

Band of Hope procession, Market Place, Leek

This picture is thought to show the annual Band of Hope demonstration, which assembled in the Market Place before the start of the procession. The Band of Hope was allied to the Temperance Movement, with ...

Band, Mayor's Civic Parade, Stone,

The parade is seen here crossing the bridge on Radford Street, towards Oulton Road.

Bargates, High Street, Burton-on-Trent

This area was formerly the premises of Burton Brewery Co. and Salt & Co., as well as some retail outlets. The photograph shows the site prior to re-development in the late 1960s.

Barton Under Needwood village view

A view of the Main Street in Barton under Needwood, with Prior and Sons' cabinet makers and upholsterers shop to the left. A postcard view by Ernest Abrahams of Burton upon Trent.

Bass Museum Beer Engine Float moving down High Street, Burton-on-Trent

The float is moving towards the Market Place past Ellis and Barnaby Rudge. Crowds look on from both sides of the road. The procession is probably part of Burton Festival.

Bates' Shop, Bore Street, Lichfield

This photograph shows the row of three shops owned by Edgar Bates. The shop on the far left was a sweet shop, which was run by Bates' mother, the Photographers Studio is next to it, with the lingerie ...

Bath Street, Stafford

This view from Earl Street, with the former Harris and Son's off-licence on Bath Street corner, was taken by Stafford photographer Tony Boydon. Centre right is the former Police Station and on the right ...