Theme Explorer

Page 34 of 41 723 Records Found

The Crown Hotel, Codsall

The Crown Hotel was situated at The Square, Codsall. In 1900 the proprietor was Thomas Malpas, who was also a butcher and a farmer. The road to the left of the Crown Hotel is Wood Road, and the ...

The former Cock Inn, Market Place, Leek

When this picture was taken Micah Carding, a plumber, painter and glazier was occupying No.s 2 and 3 Market Street. Originally it was The Cock Inn, a popular coaching inn during the eighteenth century. ...

The Henry Venables Ltd. timber yard, Stafford

This view shows a spur line from the main Stafford-Uttoxeter railway line leading into the sidings for the sawmill at Venables' timber yard, Doxey, Stafford. Henry Venables founded his timber business ...

The last cooper in No. 2 Brewery Union Room, Bass, Burton-on-Trent

Eddie Lee standing beside an unheaded cask in No. 2 Brewery Union Room.

The Mayfield Smithy at Shugborough Park Farm

Charles Woodward's smithy from Mayfield as reconstructed at Shugborough Park Farm. The forge is to the right of the photograph, and a hand powered belt-driven drill can be seen to the left. The smithy ...

The Old Blacksmiths, Uttoxteter Road, Longton

A former smithy on Uttoxeter Road, Longton.

The old smithy, Coppenhall

A blacksmith filing the hoof of a horse outside the old smithy which was sited on the west side of Hyde Lea Bank, between Coppenhall and Hyde Lea. The blacksmith at the time was George Fletcher. The ...

The old smithy, Coppenhall

A large group of people and horses with a house and smithy in the background. The smithy was sited on the west side of Hyde Lea Bank, between Coppenhall and Hyde Lea. The blacksmith at the time was George ...

The Old Smithy, Wolverhampton Road, Cannock

This postcard, published by Henry Praill of the "Courier" Office, Cannock, shows the Old Smithy, at the top of Wolverhampton Road, Cannock. George Turner was the blacksmith there for many years.

The opening of the new Co-operative Store, Station Road, Codsall

The site for the Co-operative Store, at the top of Station Road, is now empty as it has moved to a new building.

The Parkes Timber Fallers, Pattingham & Patshull

Left to right: James Parkes jnr; John Pooler; Arthur Parkes. The picture was taken in about 1943.

The Potteries Die Company, Knypersley Road, Norton-in-the-Moors

The Potteries Die Co. premises on Knypersley Road, Norton. The company started in 1936 making precision moulds and press-tool equipment for the ceramics industry and today is a tool maker for a wide range ...

The Proprieters of the Light Post Coach - Document from the Enoch Wood Scrapbook

Post coach in the Potteries - Finally! The national post coach service begins to run through the Potteries as part of the London to Liverpool service. The Potteries had been trying to get this service ...

The Roaches

View of the Roaches from Roach Road near Leek. The name 'Roaches' derives from the French word 'roche' meaning a rock or cliff.

The Smithy, Crowdecote, near Longnor

Backsmith's premises, Crowdecote, Earl Sterndale, Derbyshire (near Longnor, Staffordshire). On the opposite side of the road stood a joiner's and wheelwright's workshop. The 1901 census lists William ...

The Smithy, Crowdecote, near Longnor

Shoeing a horse at the smithy at Crowdecote, Earl Sterndale, Derbyshire (near Longnor, Staffordshire). Included in this image are (from left to right) Sydney Horobin of Crowdecote, Billy Wood of Upper ...

The Smithy, Farley

The Smithy was built in 1780, remodelled in 1840 and restored in 1979.

The Smithy, Farley

Doorway of the Smithy at Farley. The Smithy was built in 1780, remodelled in 1849 and restored in 1979.