Theme Explorer

Page 33 of 34 596 Records Found

Webberley Lane, Longton

Photograph taken looking north-east up Webberley Lane. St. James's school, which became Tawney House, can be seen on the left.

Wedgwood Memorial College, Barlaston,

Estoril is an Edwardian house which later formed part of Wedgwood Memorial College which moved here from Barlaston Hall, when the hall was discovered to be suffering from dry rot. Photograph by courtesy ...

Wellington Secondary School, Hanley

Wellington Road County Secondary School. The school started life as Wellington Council School around 1891. Reorganised as a secondary school in 1932. The buildings have become St Luke's Church of England ...

Wesleyan Church and School, High Street, Kinver

West Hill School, Football Team, Hednesford

Football team members pictured with staff and wining trophies.

West Hill School, High Mount Street, Hednesford

On the leftt is the school building, built in 1888, with the small bell tower and pointed gables. The two houses on the left of this photograph were originally occupied by the headmaster and mistress, ...

West Hill, Hednesford

Officially named as Green Heath Road but known as West Hill to the locals. Recognisable today, the school was Hednesford's first Board School opened in 1876, but almost immediately it was found to be ...

Westwood Hall, Leek

The original Westwood Hall building dates from the 1600s. Originally it was a fairly simple farm-house, but when John Davenport, a potter and glassmaker bought the property in 1813 he began a series of ...

Whiston Village

A general postcard view of Whiston Village, looking west along what is now the busy A52 between Stoke-on-Trent and Ashbourne. At the top left can be seen St Mildred's Church (built in 1910 by J.H. Beckett) ...

Wolstanton Church School class 5, Wolstanton, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Before the days of free state education many school were run by churches and charitable organisations who took it upon themselves to educate the lower classes who could not afford to pay for education. ...

Wolstanton, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Wolstanton County Grammar School was opened in 1928

Wolverhampton - Grammar School: aquatint engraving

'A Front View of the School.' Showing a central block with the entrance door, above which is a bell turret, with two symmetrical wings of two storeys. Taken from I. Taylor's Map of 1751, and reproduced ...

Wolverhampton - Grammar School: engraving

'To the Trustees of the Free Grammar School in Wolverhampton, this Plate being a Front View of the said School, is very respectfully Inscribed by their most Obedient & Obliged humble Servant, R. Paddey.' ...

Wolverhampton - Grammar School: sepia drawing

'Grammar School at Wolverhampton, Staffordshire.' Showing a perspective view looking down the street. The building is of brick with stone dressings, erected 1714 in the classical style of the time. ...

Wolverhampton - 'The New Schools for Boys and Girls': sepia drawing

'The New School for Boys and Girls on the North West side of the Church Yard of St. Peter's Collegiate Church, Wolverhampton.' Showing a building of the Gothic revival with four gables and a bell turret. ...

Woodwork class at Kings Bromley School

A woodwork class at Richard Cross Church of England School, Kings Bromley.

Workshop and Link Blocks, Stafford College, Stafford

The Workshop Block can be seen here on the left hand side, with the Link Block on the right hand side. They were built between 1970 and 1971.

Yarlet Hall

Replacing in earlier, 18th century building, work on a new house was begun around 1870 by George Sidney. In 1873 The Reverend Walter Earle founded a private preparatory school at Yarlet Hall which remains ...