Theme Explorer

Page 3 of 20 355 Records Found

Bread Delivery Van, Stafford,

Bebbington's bakery was on Foregate Street. This photograph was taken outside John Bagnall's Carriage Works, Pitcher Bank. The delivery van was probably made by Bagnall's.

Bridge Street, Uttoxeter

A view of Bridge Street looking towards the Market Place. Bamford's Agricultural Works can be seen on the left hand side. The spire of St. Mary's Parish Church can be seen in the distance to the right. ...

British Reinforced Concrete factory after demolition, Stafford

The remains of the B.R.C. factory on Silkmore Lane shortly after it was demolished in October 1991. The British Reinforced Concrete Engineering Company manufactured reinforced concrete structures and ...

British Reinforced Concrete Factory, Aerial View, Stafford,

The British Reinforced Concrete Engineering Company manufactured reinforced concrete structures and made steel mesh for reinforcing concrete. The company moved from Manchester to Stafford in 1926, building ...

British Reinforced Concrete Factory, Stafford

A wall of the buildings added to the British Reinforced Concrete factory, Stafford in 1971. The wall panels consist of single skin of brick with brick reinforcement in the joints.(Manufactured by BRC). ...

British Reinforced Concrete Factory, Stafford

A view of the B.R.C. factory on Silkmore Lane shortly before it was demolished in October 1991. The site is now occupied by a housing estate. The British Reinforced Concrete Engineering Company manufactured ...

British Reinforced Concrete factory, Stafford

A wall of the buildings added to the British Reinforced Concrete factory, Stafford in 1971. They consist of extremely large reinforced concrete panels faced with brick. The British Reinforced Concrete ...

British Reinforced Concrete Factory, Stafford

The British Reinforced Concrete Engineering Company manufactured reinforced concrete structures and made steel mesh for reinforcing concrete. The company moved from Manchester to Stafford in 1926, building ...

British Reinforced Concrete Factory, Stafford

A view of the office blook which faced onto Lichfield Road, built between 1924 and 1926. The British Reinforced Concrete Engineering Company manufactured reinforced concrete structures and made steel ...

Broadcrown factory on fire, Stone

On 26 December 1993 this three-storey factory building off Mill Lane was severely damaged by fire. It was originally built in the 19th century as a fustian mill. Fustian is a type of velvet, a mixture ...

Brookfield Foundry and Kerr Stuart engineering works, Whieldon Road, Stoke-on-Trent

This is a view west from the Whieldon Road area towards the Brookfield Foundry. The main railway line runs in front of the buildings and behind can be seen the floodlight pylons of the original Stoke ...

Brookfield Foundry, Stoke-on-Trent

The photograph shows what was the California Engineering Works of the locomotive builders, Kerr Stuart & Co. Railway locomotives had been produced on this site since 1892. Kerr Stuart closed down in ...

Burgess' Engineers, Stafford,

Burgess' Agricultural and Horticultural Engineers on Bridge Street. The building was badly damaged by a fire in 1962. Allied Carpets and then a bar later occupied the site.

Burton Manor Road, Stafford

Between 1924 and 1926 British Reinforced Concrete built 66 houses for their employees on Burton Manor Road. They were designed by Birmingham architect William Green, who was much influenced by the Arts ...

Burton Manor, Stafford

Burton Manor in Rising Brook was built in 1855 by Francis Whitgreave. Stonework found during excavations from Grey Friars on Foregate Street was incorporated into the house, including the stone cross ...

C. E. Edwards Ltd., Leek New Road, Cobridge

This factory is a two storey, rectangular unit, three rooms wide by 4 rooms deep. The ground floor has three casement windows with large plain stone sills and the doorway has a large plain stone lintel ...

Castle Street, Stafford

This view was taken looking southwest from the Castle Street railway bridge (over the West Coast Main Line) in Stafford. On the left are several abandoned railway buildings, centre right on the horizon ...

Cliff Vale Engineering works, Shelton New Road, Stoke-on-Trent

Cliff Vale Engineering was on Shelton New Road. Behind the works is a cooling tower and gas holder belonging to Etruria gasworks. The site today is occupied by a timber merchant.