Theme Explorer

Page 3 of 40 705 Records Found

Biscuit Brush.

Biscuit brush with a wooden handle and long bristles. Used in pottery making to brush biscuit holloware in preparation for dipping. The tool was taken from the Ascot Works, Clough Street, Hanley. It ...

Black Swan yard, Uttoxeter

The Black Swan stands on Market Street, just off the Market Square in Uttoxeter. A group of men pictured in the yard at the rear of the pub. From left to right: Charles Bond (who was a horse breaker), ...

Blacksmith at Work, Eccleshall,

Possibly Fletcher's Smithy. The Fletcher family also had smithies at Walton-on-the-Hill and Hyde Lea. Their descendants now run Fletcher's Garden Centre in Eccleshall.

Blacksmith at work, Mayfield

Mr Charles Woodward, Blacksmith at Mayfield near Ashbourne, filing a horse's hoof outside his smithy at 22 Wallash, Mayfield. The smithy belonged to the Woodward family from 1805 and worked until Charles ...

Blacksmith outside Red Cross Smithy, Knypersley

Blacksmiths outside the Red Cross Smithy at Knypersley, near Biddulph, Staffordshire. Various items are in the background: rakes, forks, scythe blades and mower blades, with a plough. On the left is ...

Blacksmith, Stafford area?

A blacksmith shoeing a horse. We do not know where this photograph was taken, but this glass plate was probably taken by Weiss & Fowke of Stafford, so it is likely to have been taken in the Stafford ...

Blacksmith, Stone,

Mr Salmon, blacksmith at Stonefield Forge.

Blacksmith, Stone,

Mr Salmon, blacksmith at Stonefield Forge.

Blacksmiths at Endon Smithy

Blacksmiths at Endon Smithy with a mound of horseshoes commissioned for the Great War. Mr. C. Perkins is standing on the left and wearing the longer apron, Mr. W. Scott is on the right

Blacksmiths at Siemens Bros. factory, Stafford

Blacksmiths at the Smithy at Siemens Brothers Dynamo Works, Stafford in about 1905. Siemens Bros. Electrical Engineering Works opened its Lichfield Road factory in 1903, after relocating from Woolwich ...

Blacksmiths at the County Show, Stone

Blacksmiths and officials at Staffordshire Agricultural Society's County Show in Stone. The society held its first show in Stone in 1844. Standing first from right, wearing a trilby is Eric Hammersley, ...

Blacksmith's living room, Staffordshire County Museum, Shugborough

The reconstructed sitting room from Mr Charles Woodward's house at Wallash, Mayfield. This room was part of the Museum's displays between 1976 and 2005. Charles Woodward was born in 1889 and lived ...

Blacksmith's Shop, Codsall Wood

This old smithy building stands on the main road through Codsall Wood.

Blacksmith's shop, Cotes Heath

Photographs shows Tom Giles' blacksmith's shop which stood opposite the church in Cotes Heath, which can be seen in the background, to the left. Tom Giles, farmer and blacksmith, was born in Farndon, ...

Blacksmith's Shop, Walton on the Hill

With the white beard is blacksmith Thomas Fletcher outside his smithy in the early 1900s. For over 60 years he was been a regular bellringer at Baswich Church. He had a pony and trap in which he would ...

Blacksmiths shop, Whiston,

The building behind the blacksmith's workshop is the Sneyd Arms public house.

Blacksmith's shop, Yoxall

Exterior of blacksmith's shop, looking to the east. This was one of a number of blacksmith's workshops which belonged to C.J. Perkins, agricultural implement makers of Yoxall. This shop was converted ...

Blacksmiths Workshop, Bagnall's Engineering Works, Stafford,

W.G. Bagnall Ltd. was established in 1870 in Castle Street. Bagnall's first locomotive was produced in 1875, the company going on to produce machines for collieries and overseas plantations. Eventually ...