Theme Explorer

Start Again > Transport & Communication > Telecommunications
Page 3 of 7 110 Records Found

Howard Hall Steps, Post Office Telephones Central Training School, Yarnfield

Howard Hall was the reception for Post Office Telephones Central Training School, Yarnfield. It was demolished in 1986. Duncan Hall, Beatty Hall and Howard Hall (all named after Royal Navy Admirals) ...

Howard Hall, Post Office Telephones Central Training School, Yarnfield

Howard Hall housed the reception and administrative offices of the Post Office Telephones Central Training School, Yarnfield. It was demolished in 1986. Duncan Hall, Beatty Hall and Howard Hall (all ...

Huntington Post Office, near Cannock

A postcard view of the former Post Office and Telegraph Office at Huntington, north of Cannock.

Jerningham Street, Stafford

No. 6, Jerningham Street, Castle Town, Stafford. Built around 1825, this was the last house in Stafford to be lit solely by gas, only converting to electricity in 1989. Mr Chatfield's parents had refused ...

Jim Taylor's public address lorry, Kingsley

Taylor's Public Address Service was based at Kingsley, near Cheadle. Jim Taylor was an RAF Sergeant in Signals in the Cheadle area during the 2nd World War. After the war he started his Public Address ...

Lane Green Post Office, Bilbrook

Clarke & Day's confectioners, grocers, tobacconists and newsagents shop at Lane Green, Bilbrook. It was also the village Post Office.

Main Street, Alrewas

'Old Eaves' on Main Street. An early to mid 18th century Grade II Listed building.

Main Street, Alrewas

Shops on Main Street, Arewas near the junction with Exchange Road.

Main Street, Alrewas

Numbers 71 and 69, Main Street, Alrewas. Number 71 was subsquentially converted into a hairdressing salon: the doorway has been converted into a window with matching brick infill below. An excellent ...

Main Street, Alrewas

'Alrewas House' on Main Street.

Main Street, Alrewas

'The White House', Main Street. This Grade II listed, timber-framed building, is possibly 15th century with later addittions. The door and casements are 20th century. The central bay was formerly ...

Main Street, Alrewas

86/88 Main Street, Alrewas. This Grade II listed, timber-framed building, now split into two dwellings, is 17th century with later additions.

Main Street, Alrewas

'Shakespeare Cottage' on Main Street, Alrewas. This Grade II Listed building was originally a single 17th century L-shaped dwelling. It was extended in the 19th century and re-modelled in the 20th ...

Main Street, Alrewas

'Forge Cottage' on Main Street. The tower of All Saints' Church can be seen in the background.

Manual telephone exchange, Wood Road, Codsall

The Astons, Elmhurst, Wood Road were the original operators of the telephone exchange. It remained a manual exchange until 1967, when the Astons moved to Histons Hill. Pictured are Mr and Mrs Aston ...

Manual telephone exchange, Wood Road, Codsall

The Astons were the original operators of the telephone exchange. It remained a manual exchange at Elmhurst, Wolverhampton Road, until 1967, when the Astons moved to Histons Hill. Pictured are Mr ...

Market Place, Cannock

The Crown Inn was originally built around 1700. The Indoor Market can be seen beyond. Both buildings were demolished in 1962 and replaced with a row of shops.

Market Place, Cannock

This postcard dates well before the installation of the clock and war memorial. Looking up to High Green from the Church Street junction, with the Crown Inn on the right. Note too the Monkey Puzzle tree ...