Theme Explorer

Page 3 of 52 932 Records Found

Arley ('Arley near Bewdley'): sepia drawing

'Arley near Bewdley,' showing the village street from the river Severn. Also showing the ferry boat, Arley church on the hill and Arley 'Hall' to the right. Upper Arley was in Staffordshire until 1895, ...

Armitage

Armitage is situated in the Trent Valley, close to Rugeley, and adjacent to the Trent and Mersey Canal. The name of this village is known world-wide as a result of the sanitary ware manufactured here ...

Ash Bank Road, Werrington

Gothic style lodge at 201, Ash Bank Road , Werrington

Ash Hall, Werrington

Ash Hall stands on Ash Bank and was built in about 1841 for Job Meigh, an earthenware manufacturer.

Ashford-in-the-Water, Derbyshire. Photographed by William Blake.

Village scene taken at Ashford In The Waters, Derbyshire. The scene includes a sign post showing distances to Buxton, Manchester, Monyash, Flagg, Taddington and Sheldon. The village falls within ...

Ashley in the snow

View of Ashley in the snow, photograph taken from Forty Acres, looking towards Church Road.

Audley

Audley is situated in the north-west of the county, bordering onto Cheshire. It is on relatively elevated ground. Once a significant coal mining area which warranted its own Urban District Council until ...

Awbridge Lock, Wombourne

Awbridge Lock stands on the Staffordshire and Worcestershire Canal, which was engineered by James Brindley and opened in May 1772.

Bagnall

Bagnall is a picturesque village situated in an elevated position, 229 metres above sea level and about three miles north-west of Hanley. It is still very rural and has a walled green in the centre of ...

Bagnall Road, Baddeley Edge, Stoke-on-Trent

Looking east along Bagnall Road in Baddeley Edge. Just round the corner to the left is the junction with Spout Lane. Note the mis-spelling of Baddeley as 'Badderley'.

Bagot Almshouses, Abbots Bromley

On the left are the Bagot Almshouses, built in 1705 through a bequest from local landowner Lambard Bagot. Originally intended to house six elderly men, who were given a quarterly allowance and, every ...

Bagot Street, Abbots Bromley

Bagot Street looking rowards the Market Place. On the right is Church House, on the corner of Church Lane and Bagot Street. Church House is a timber-framed building on a brick plinth, built in 1619 as ...

Bagot Street, Abbots Bromley

A view of Bagot Street looking east towards the village centre. On the left is the Bagot Arms public house advertising Ind Coope ales. In the distance to the right is the tower of the parish church ...

Bagot Street, Abbots Bromley

Bagot Street looking rowards the Market Place. On the right is Church House, on the corner of Church Lane and Bagot Street. Church House is a timber-framed building on a brick plinth, built in 1619 as ...

Ball Lane, Norton Green

Looking west along Ball Lane from the junction with Selworthy Road. At the end of Ball Lane is Trent Terrace with the railings marking the course of the River Trent in front of the houses. Off to the ...

Bank Farm, Checkley

View of Bank Farm from the south-east.

Bank House, Calton

To the right can be seen the three-storied Bank House, built around 1759. This postcard view also shows Town Head Farm. Copy of original image produced by Tony Blore for 'Calton is my Dwelling Place' ...

Bank House, Kinver