Theme Explorer

Page 3 of 100 1793 Records Found

Aerial view of the Mill Street area, Leek

Copyright and ownership of this image is retained by Aerofilms Ltd.

Aerial view of the Selborne Road, Compton area of Leek

Copyright and ownership of this image is retained by Aerofilms Ltd.

Aerial View of the Stables, Tixall Hall, (2)

The semi-circular coach house and stables were built in the early nineteenth century. Designed by John Ireland the stables were built with higher pavilions at each end and a three-bay Gothic porch in ...

Aerial View of the Wedgwood Factory, Barlaston,

Josiah Wedgwood (1730 - 1795) began his apprenticeship as a potter in 1744. He started his own pottery business at Ivy House in Burslem 1759. As Wedgwood experiment with new techniques and glazes, his ...

Aerial view of Walsitch Maltings, Burton-on-Trent

Air Training Corps, Mayor's Civic Parade, Stone

The aim of the Air Training Corps was to prepare cadets for service in the Royal Airforce or the Fleet Air Arm of the Royal Navy. The Stone Air Defence Cadet Corps (later the A.T.C.) was founded in ...

Albion Brewery, from Shobnall Road, Burton-on-Trent

The brewery was built in 1875 by Mann Crossman and Paulin, and was used by them until 1896. In 1902 the brewery was sold to J. Marston, Thompson & Co. Ltd., before it was voluntarily liquidated in March ...

Albion Place and Bath Street, Stafford,

View of numbers 1 to 5 Albion Place and 1 Bath Street. These houses were demolished by 1965, and a police social club was erected on the site; this too was demolished by 1984. The corner of the old ...

Alders Brook, near Rocester

Cart-horses drinking from a ford.

All Saints' Church, Milwich,

The first record of a church on this site is dated c.1140. The tower of the present building dates from the late fifteenth century, although the remainder of the church was rebuilt in the 1790s after ...

Alliance Street, Stafford,

This view of Alliance Street shows the extension of the old Alliance Street onto Stone Road. These houses were built by Whittinghams. Opposite the first block was Pitt Street which led onto John Donne ...

Allsopp's Cooperage, Burton-on-Trent.

The cooperage buildings and yard crowded with casks. On the line to the right stands Allsopp's Steam Loco No.5. The loco was built in 1876 and was cabless.

Almshouses, Penkridge,

These almshouses in New Road were built in 1866 by the Dowager Lady hatherton as a memorial to her husband. They consisted of five tenements for retired labourers from the Teddesley estate.

ALSTOM Power, Distribution Services

In the spring of 2001 ALSTOM Power Distribution Services had recently taken delivery of this new girder frame trailer, known as A500. The photograph shows the trailer, nearly 100 metres long, being moved ...

Alstom, Lichfield Road, Stafford

Pupils from Silkmore Primary School, Stafford are pictured in front of a Goliath tractor at the Queensville area of the Lichfield Road site in Stafford. During the visit to the site they toured the Power ...

Alton Castle and the Churnet Bridge

Alton castle viewed from the opposite (north) side of the River Churnet. Within Alton Castle are the remains of the medieval castle, built in about 1175 by Bertram de Verdun, the founder of Croxden ...

Alton Castle and the Hospital of St. John

An aerial view of Alton. On the left is Alton Castle. The first castle, a medieval structure, was built by Bertram de Verdun in 1175. Part of one of the towers remains in the forecourt of the later ...

Alton Railway Station

Alton station stood on the Churnet Valley line of the North Staffordshire Railway. It was built in an Italianate villa style in about 1849. The station was used by the Earl of Shrewsbury, and had a ...