Theme Explorer

Page 3 of 34 596 Records Found

Ball Green Primary School, Stoke-on-Trent

The photograph shows the final stages in the building of Ball Green Primary School, taken in May 1964 just four months before the school opened. Just off Whitfield Road, the school is next to Fir Tree ...

Band, Alleynes High School, Stone

Group portrait of the Stone Town Band at Alleynes High School, Stone.

Barlaston Village School

On the left are the buildings of the Teacher's House and Barlaston School, built in 1845 as a charity school, and extended in 1861. It became a public elementary school in 1873. The school closed in ...

Bass Shire horses visit to Holy Trinity C.E.(C) Primary School, Burton

This photograph was taken on the school playground during a visit from two of the Bass Shire horses. The school has four school teams, each of which is named after one of the four Bass Shires. Those ...

Beacon Street School, Lichfield

Beacon Street School was built in the latter half of the 19th century and was a residential school for children in need of special care. This building was converted into flats and apartments in 2002.

Benson Street, Pitts Hill, Tunstall

Looking east along Benson Street (formerly New Street) in Pitts Hill. The photograph was taken from the corner of St Michaels Road (formerly High Street). On the right is the former Tunstall Primitive ...

Berryhill Secondary School, Stoke-on-Trent

Berry Hill Secondary Modern School under construction in September 1964. The photograph was taken west of Arbourfield Drive looking eastwards. The disturbed ground in the foreground is spoil from the ...

Bethesda Schoolrooms, Hanley

The photograph shows the western end of Alexander House, the former Methodist Sunday School of the neighbouring Bethesda Chapel. The gable end has a tablet in the pediment "Bethesda School, erected MDCCCXIX ...

Bill Lockwood coaching cricket, Denstone

Cricket class at Denstone College being coached by Bill Lockwood standing second from the right wearing an England cap. Nottingham born fast bowler W.H. 'Bill' Lockwood (1968-1932) played first class ...

Bill Lockwood coaching cricket, Denstone College

Pupils in the cricket nets at Denstone College being coached by Bill Lockwood, standing left, watching a boy play forward to a ball. Nottingham born fast bowler W.H. 'Bill' Lockwood (1968-1932) played ...

Birches Head Road, Abbey Hulton

The view east along Birches Head Road from Leek Road in Abbey Hulton. The housing to the top right of the photograph is in Sneyd Green. The land to the left of the junction is now housing and Carmountside ...

Birches Head Road, Stoke-on-Trent

The view west along Birches Head Road from just before the Caldon Canal. The parapets of the canal bridge are in the centre of the photograph. Just beyond is the level crossing over the Biddulph Valley/Stoke ...

Blessed William Southerne School, Pittshill, Tunstall

Blessed William Southerne County Secondary School was opened in 1957 on Little Chell Lane. In 1980 the school was renamed St Margaret Ward's Catholic School. It is now an academy.

Blithfield House and Admaston School

View from the south west of Admaston School and Blithfield House, on School Lane, Admaston. Reproduced by permission of English Heritage and the National Monuments Record.

Blurton Church of England School, Blurton

Blurton Church of England School stood on School Lane. The school was built in 1834 but closed in 1954 when it had only infants on the roll. Now demolished and the site used for housing.

Blurton Primary Schools

In the foreground are the buildings of Blurton Junior and Infants' Schools, opened in 1948. To the left are more modern buildings, with the original "prefab" classroom to the right. The houses immediately ...

Blymhill School

The Parochial church of England First School at Blymhill. Designed by G.E. Street and built in 1855-7.

Blythe Secondary Modern School

The school was built in 1964. Together with the library, police station and police houses, the school stands on ground originally occupied by Blythe House. The school has since been re-named Blythe Bridge ...