Theme Explorer

Page 25 of 25 448 Records Found

Victoria Park, Stafford

Watercolour painting by Jean Margaret Peace. A View of Victoria Park in November, about 1950. The land between Izaak Walton Walk and the railway station was marshy and liable to flooding. In 1903 the ...

Victoria Theatre, Hartshill Road, Hartshill

This two-storey building was constructed between 1900 and 1924. It has a cellar and a later large extension attached to the right side of the building. There have been extensive modifications to the building....

Victoria Theatre, Hartshill, Stoke-on-Trent

This is the "old" Victoria Theatre on the corner of Hartshill Road and Victoria Street in Hartshill. The theatre moved to a purpose built site on Etruria Road, becoming the New Vic Theatre, in 1986. The ...

View of Bridge Street, Stafford

On the far right is Burgess' agricultural engineers, now replaced by Allied Carpets. The clock tower belongs to the Royal Brine Baths, built in 1892. The open-sided tower was used by the fire brigade ...

View of Corporation Street, Tamworth

On the left can be seen the Cemetary and railings of the Carnegie Library. The Assembly Rooms are directly ahead, and the Drill Hall is on the right hand side. The Assembly rooms were built by a public ...

View of Kinver Library, High Street, Kinver

The library can be seen here in the background. This was built as the National School for boys and girls in 1851. When new schools were eventually built, it became the village library.

View of Stafford from the top of the Gasometer,

View from the gasworks on Chell Road. To the left is St. Mary's Church, the parish church of Stafford. Originally the church possessed a spire, but it was blown down in 1593 during a storm, bringing ...

View of the Ironmarket, Newcastle-under-Lyme

The building seen on the far right hand side of this photograph was a private house, which was demolished in 1930. The Silverdale Equitable Industrial Co-operative Society purchased the site and built ...

View of the swimming pool, Uttoxeter

View of the swimming pool soon after it opened in July 1967.

View over the Golf Links, Stockton Brook

Wedgwood Institute, Queen Street, Burslem

The Wedgwood Memorial Institute in Queen Street, Burslem, is an example of a Grade II Listed Building. It was constructed between 1863 and 1869. The street front of the building has elaborate decoration, ...

Wedgwood Museum Gallery, Barlaston,

The first 'new' museum at the Wedgwood factory, which was a major part of the Visitor Centre concept, inaugurated in September 1975. Photograph by courtesy of the Trustees of the Wedgwood Museum, Barlaston, ...

William Salt Library, Stafford,

William Salt was a banker and Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries, born in 1808. His home was in Weeping Cross. His widow, Helen, donated his collection of books, pamphlets, deeds, maps, and drawings ...

Wolverhampton - Grand Stand at Race Course: lithograph

'The Grand Stand, Wolverhampton Race Course.' West north west view showing a substantial building of iron and brick of three tiers. The church and a group of houses are shown to the right. [This was ...

Wolverhampton - Grand Stand: woodcut engraving

'Wolverhampton Grand Stand (see page 126).' Showing the grand stand full of crowds on a race day.Letterpress on back is dateable to August, 1844 [?Illustrated London News]. Anonymous.

Woodseat

This view shows the rear of the house with two large lean-to greenhouses. On the right is a grass tennis court.