Latest Additions To The Site

Page 2 of 56 1000 Records Found

Crown Bridge, Penkridge

This postcard view looks south-east from Stone Cross towards Crown Bridge in Penkridge. On the left can be seen a Post Office K8 type telephone box, centre right there is the former Barclays Bank and ...

Stone Cross, Penkridge

This postcard view looks north from Stone Cross in Penkridge towards Bull Bridge and the Main Road, (A449) to Stafford. On the left there is a Shell petrol station, by the road-side there is a Midland ...

Nativity play, Marchington Woodlands School

Children taking part in Marchington Woodlands School's Nativity play. The headmistress at the time was Mrs Briggs. The school closed in 1981. 9 seated at the front, left to right - Rose Alcock, Gillian ...

Rodbaston Farm Institute, Penkridge

This postcard view shows Tennis players posing for the camera with Rodbaston Hall in the background. Rodbaston Hall was built for William Holland by 1834. In 1854 the Holland family sold it to Thomas ...

Rodbaston Farm Institute, Penkridge

This postcard view shows Rodbaston Hall which was built for William Holland by 1834. In 1854 the Holland family sold it to Thomas Shaw Hillier. It was sold again in 1871 to Henry Ward whose widow Jane ...

Brocton Hall

Brocton Hall viewed from the south. Brocton Hall was built in 1760 but George Chetwynd undertook extensive remodelling in 1801. The hall and land was acquired by Cannock Chase Golf Club in 1922, who had ...

Brocton Hall

Brocton Hall viewed from the east. Brocton Hall was built in 1760 but George Chetwynd undertook extensive remodelling in 1801. The hall and land was acquired by Cannock Chase Golf Club in 1922, who had ...

Dovecote, Brocton Hall

The 18th century ornamental octagonal brick dovecote at Brocton Hall.

Midland Red Garage, Wellington, Shropshire

An employee is pictured checking the headlight alignment of a bus at the Midland Red Garage and Bus Depot in Charlton Street, Wellington. Demolition of the building commenced in August 2015 to be replaced ...

Midland Red Garage, Wellington, Shropshire

A Mechanic is pictured at work on the underside of a bus at the Midland Red Garage and Bus Depot in Charlton Street, Wellington. Demolition of the building commenced in August 2015 to be replaced by ...

Rock Cottage interior, Milford Hole

Rock Cottage stood on the edge of Cannock Chase, not far from Milford Common and was built into the rock, hence its name. 'Milford Hole' was the home of a number of families, living in what were originally ...

South Lodge, Crakemarsh Hall, near Uttoxeter

South Lodge was built in the early 19th century and demolished around 1970. Photographer: Alfred McCann, photographers of High Street, Uttoxeter.

Chesterton, Newcastle-under-Lyme

The village of Chesterton at the crossroads between Castle Street, Wolstanton Road and London Road. Loomer Road had yet to be constructed. A large roundabout regulates the traffic between these roads ...

The Stable Block at Crakemarsh Hall, near Uttoxeter

The Coach House was occupied by JCB from about 1947 until 1950 when they moved to new premises at Rocester. Crakemarsh Hall was extensively rebuilt in 1815 for Sir Thomas Cotton Sheppard around the ...

The Ice House at Crakemarsh Hall, near Uttoxeter

Corridor and steps leading to the ice chamber in the Ice House at Crakemarsh Hall showing the brickwork of the chamber through the open door. The Ice House was restored by John Walker of Uttoxeter in ...

Ice House at Crakemarsh Hall, near Uttoxeter

Corridor and steps leading to the ice chamber in the Ice House at Crakemarsh Hall showing the brickwork of the chamber through the open door. The Ice House was restored by John Walker of Uttoxeter in ...

Swans on the Lake,Crakemarsh Hall, near Uttoxeter

Swans on the ornamental lake just to the south of Crakemarsh Hall. Crakemarsh Hall was extensively rebuilt in 1815 for Sir Thomas Cotton Sheppard around the staircase of a late 17th century house. ...

Staircase at Crakemarsh Hall, near Uttoxeter

The main staircase in Crakemarsh Hall. The staircase was not original to Crakemarsh Hall, but was brought here by Sir Thomas Cotton Sheppard. It has been suggested that it originally came from Ruperra ...