Theme Explorer

Page 2 of 10 167 Records Found

A Corridor at Beaudesert Hall

Pictured is one of the corridors at Beaudesert Hall. Beaudesert Hall was the mansion of the Pagets, Marquesses of Anglesey. Its core was medieval, with later alterations. James Wyatt and Joseph Potter ...

Accounts Department, Universal Wheel Grinding Co., Stafford,

The Universal Grinding Wheel Co. was established on Doxey Road in 1913. The offices opened on 21st January 1938. By the 1970s the company was the largest manufactory of emery wheels and grindstones ...

Bakestone at Broncott Farm, Upper Hulme

A built in millstone grit bakestone (or 'backstone') in the kitchen at Broncott Farm, Upper Hulme, near the Roaches. It was used for making Staffordshire oatcakes. it wasd dismantled and moved to the ...

Bakestone at Over Boothlow Farm, Longnor

To the left of a laundry copper is a built-in bakestone (or 'backstone') in the kitchen at Over Boothlow Farm, Longnor. It is made of brick with a circular iron plate on top, and was used to make Staffordshire ...

Ballroom, Swinfen Hall, Lichfield

The Ballroom is part of the south wing that was built in Edwardian times by Colonel Swinfen Broun. It is believed to have been built for his only daughter's 21st birthday.

Bedroom, Highfield Manor, Stafford,

Highfield Manor was built in 1880 by David Hollin, a boot and shoe manufacturer. In 1900 Mr Hollin commissioned a series of photographs, showing the inside and outside of his home. Although Highfields ...

Billiard Room, Coton Hill Asylum, Stafford

Coton Hill Asylum was built in the 1850s and opened in 1854. It was originally built as an extension to the County Asylum in order to house private patients. It was to be known as The institution for ...

Brookfield's Department Store Interior, Stafford

Brookfield's Department Store was on Market Square. The building is now occupied by a bank. In 1743 George Boulton, a draper, opened a shop on Market Square. By the 1860s the shop was known as Brookfield ...

Brookfield's Millinery Department, Stafford,

Brookfield's Department Store was on Market Square. The building is now occupied by a bank. In 1743 George Boulton, a draper, opened a shop on Market Square. By the 1860s the shop was known as Brookfield ...

Brookfield's Shop Interior, Stafford,

Brookfield's Department Store was on Market Square. The building is now occupied by a bank. In 1743 George Boulton, a draper, opened a shop on Market Square. By the 1860s the shop was known as Brookfield ...

Brookfield's Tea Rooms, Stafford,

Brookfield's Department Store was on Market Square. The building is now occupied by a bank. In 1743 George Boulton, a draper, opened a shop on Market Square. By the 1860s the shop was known as Brookfield ...

Bull baiting collar, Kingswinford

A rope bull baiting collar attached to an iron chain and a severed length of rope which would have originally been about 30 feet or so (10 metres) in length. The collar is secured by an iron bolt. The ...

Bungalow interior, Kings Bromley

An interior of a cottage in Kings Bromley. Postcard by an unidentified publisher.

Campbell Cottages, Hartshill Road, Hartshill, Stoke

This plan shows one of the Campbell cottages on Hartshill Road. The cottages were built in 1859 by Colin Minton Campbell and are now Grade II listed. This cottage had an interior door into the Hartshill ...

Candlestick

Glazed Earthenware. H. 18.0 x W. 9.5 cm. Earthenware Sussex candlestick, thrown and turned, yellow lead transparent glaze.

Canteen Workers, Brocton Military Camp,

Gladys Harvey (standing) and Ada Potter, who worked in the canteen at Brocton Camp. Cannock Chase had been used as a military training ground since the 1870s. During the First World War two military ...

Canteen, British Reinforced Concrete, Stafford,

The British Reinforced Concrete Engineering Company manufactured reinforced concrete structures and made steel mesh for reinforcing concrete. The company moved from Manchester to Stafford in 1926, building ...

Canteen, Evode Chemical Works Ltd., Stafford,

The new Evode canteen. From left to right are: Mr J. Digham, Miss E. McCabe, Mr E. Stunt, Mrs P. Thomas, Miss B. Lowness, Miss B. Greegan, Mrs Barker and Miss G. Leggett. Spic and Span Shoe Polishes ...