Theme Explorer

Page 2 of 67 1199 Records Found

Anita Harris Art Pottery Ltd., Short Street, Longton

Anita Harris Art Pottery Ltd. studio, Short Street, Normacot Road, Longton. Anitia Harris has been producing hand painted ceramics at her Longton studio since around 2007.

Antelope

John Skeaping 1901 - 1980. Figure. 1987.P.901 c. 1927-1939 Glazed earthenware. H : 127 mm, L : 163 mm. Earthenware figure depicting a drinking antelope seated with its legs tucked under, facing ...

Armitage Pottery Works

A view of bottle kilns at Edward Johns & Co.'s Armitage Sanitary Pottery. The Trent & Mersey Canal can be seen to the left. The first pottery on this site was established by Thomas Bond. he was declared ...

Armitage Pottery Works

A view of bottle kilns at Edward Johns & Co.'s Armitage Sanitary Pottery. The Trent & Mersey Canal can be seen to the left. The first pottery on this site was established by Thomas Bond. he was declared ...

Arthur Wood & Price's Royal Bradwell Pottery, Longport, Stoke-on-Trent

This photograph was taken at the start of Davenport Street (A5271) just after the Trubshawe Cross roundabout. The Royal Bradwell Ware building belonged to Arthur Wood & Sons, earthenware manufacturers ...

Arthur Wood's canalside factory, Longport, Stoke-on-Trent

This is a view south along the canal. Westport Lake is off to the right, on the left is the rear of Wood's pottery. the buildings have all been cleared and the are now used for light industry and food ...

Ascot Pottery on Clough Street, Hanley

The Ascot Pottery was operated by Alcock, Lindley & Bloore, along with the neighbouring Vulcan Pottery on Clough Street. The factory opened in 1919 and the company became famous for "Brown Betty" teapots ...

Ash tray

1979.P.6. 1970-1979. Glazed and gilded earthenware. L : 4 ¾". Decorated with all over speckled glaze with gilded details. Made by Carlton Ware, Stoke-upon-Trent.

Ash tray

Ash tray by Susie Cooper.

Ash Tray

Glazed Stoneware. H. 3.8 x W.7.9 cm. Small stoneware ash tray, thrown and turned by Katharine Pleydell-Bouverie at Cole Pottery. Green thorn ash glaze on the interior, the exterior is unglazed with ...

Aynsley China Ltd. Portland Works, Sutherland Road, Longton

The Portland Works is a purpose-built factory erected by John Aynsley II in 1861 which replaced an earlier works which stood roughly on the site of Longton Market. This factory had an easy source of coal ...

Backstamp

Gladstone China backstamp.

Backstamps of Longton Pottery Companies

A selection of backstamps of Longton pottery companies operating during the 20th century. Photographs of backstamps from ceramic items by Peter Landon. Collarge compiled by Bill Webster.

Bagnall Street, Longton

The factories opposite the east end of St James's Church. Bagnall Street was renamed Chelson Street in the 1950s.

Bairstow's Pottery, Shelton, Stoke-on-Trent

P E Bairstow & Co had their works in Mount Pleasant, in the area known as Tinkersclough. The company was founded at the end of the Second World War and initially produced bone china "Fancies Fayre". Later, ...

Balmoral Works, Longton

Photograph taken from near the new railway bridge. The Balmoral Works were occupied by porcelain manufacturers Redfern & Drakeford between about 1902 and 1933.

Banded decorated jug and bowls

Earthenware jug and bowls. Height of jug 110mm. Banding was used either on its own or in conjunction with other types of decoration. A slip-bottle was filled with slip and the opening sealed with a ...

Bank Street, Tunstall

Bert Bentley, the photographer, described this as a typical Potteries scene with "a pottery works, kilns, chapel, colliery dirt tip and terraced houses". On the left is the United Methodist Chapel ...