Theme Explorer

Page 2 of 5 82 Records Found

Cobridge Brick & Tile Company fireclay pit, Stoke-on-Trent

The camera is looking northwards across a flooded fireclay pit towards the skyline of Burslem. The photograph was taken from Sneyd Street. Leek New Road runs across the middle of the photograph and the ...

Cobridge Refractories works, Cobridge

Cobridge Refractory works was off Gresham Street in Cobridge. This street and works have been demolished, but were just to the east of Forest Park Primary School. The works has both bottle and beehive ...

Colwich Brickworks

A brick maker was living in this part of Colwich in 1740 and thereafter trade continued in the area. This brick-works was built by Colwich Brick and Tile Co. Ltd. in about 1900 and continued brick production ...

Daniel Platt & Sons brick & tile works, Canal Lane, Tunstall

The Brownhills Tileries belonging to Daniel Platt & Sons. The camera is looking north west from Canal Lane. The clay pit (Etruria Marl) attached to the works lies beyond the factory buildings. A factory ...

Daniel Platt & Sons clay pit, Canal Lane, Tunstall

A south east view across the clay pit towards Daniel Platt & Sons, brick & tile manufacturers, Brownhills works on Canal Lane. The company were in Tunstall from 1822 and took over the Brownhills Tileries ...

Demolition of the B.R.C. Factory, Stafford,

The British Reinforced Concrete Engineering Company manufactured reinforced concrete structures and made steel mesh for reinforcing concrete. The company moved from Manchester to Stafford in 1926, building ...

Downing's Blurton Tilery, Stoke-on-Trent

G H Downing's Blurton Tileries just after closure in 1964. A view of the beehive ovens, chimneys and roofing tile stock for sale. The photograph as taken just west of Ballinson Road, looking north east ...

Downing's Blurton Tilery, Stoke-on-Trent

A general view of the north side of G H Downing's Blurton Tileries, just off Ballinson Road in Blurton. In the background are some of the beehive brick and tile kilns and chimneys, with piles of ridge ...

Downing's Blurton Tilery, Stoke-on-Trent

G H Downing's Blurton Tileries just after closure in 1964. A view of the beehive ovens, chimneys and roofing tile stock for sale. The photograph as taken just west of Ballinson Road, looking north east ...

Downing's Blurton Tilery.

G H Downing's Blurton Tileries looking north east towards Blurton and Fenton. The factory closed just before the photograph was taken.

Downing's Brick & Tile works and clay pit, Canal Lane, Tunstall.

The photograph was taken from Canal Lane, looking south. The high ground in the right distance is Wolstanton and behind the factory is the gasholder at Etruria. At the extreme right edge is Westport ...

Downing's clay pit, Tunstall

Looking over G H Downing's clay pit east of Westport Lake. The line of houses on the skyline are on Davenport Street and Brownhills Road. Today, the clay pit has been filled in and the land used for housing. ...

Downing's clay pit, Tunstall

The houses on the skyline are on Davenport Street & Brownhills Road. The pit lay to the east of Westport lake and was open cast mined for Etruria Marl. Etruria Marl has been dug in North Staffordshire ...

Downing's clay pit, Tunstall

A view over the Clay pit at G H Downing's Brownhills brick and tile works. The houses running across the photograph are on Brownhills Road and Davenport Street. The camera is looking south east with the ...

Drawing Office, British Reinforced Concrete, Stafford

A designer working at a desk in the Design and Drawing Office at the B.R.C. factory, Queensville, Stafford. The British Reinforced Concrete Engineering Company manufactured reinforced concrete structures ...

Engine House, Front View, Gypsum Works, Stowe-by-Chartley,

Gypsum is a source of plaster of Paris and was mined at the Normanwood Gypsum Mine at Hixon. The shaft was near Stowe. Gypsum was sent from Normanwood to London to make castings, particularly for dentists. ...

Engine House, Rear View, Gypsum Works, Stowe-by-Chartley,

Gypsum is a source of plaster of Paris and was mined at the Normanwood Gypsum Mine at Hixon. The shaft was near Stowe. Gypsum was sent from Normanwood to London to make castings, particularly for dentists. ...

General view of the Alvecote Works

General view of the Alvecote Works, which were called Tamworth Colliery up until 1948. Coventry Canal and Tamworth Colliery Brickworks can also be seen. This photograph was taken from the drying shed ...