Theme Explorer

Page 2 of 3 44 Records Found

Meaford Power Station

Meaford 'A' power station came into operation in November 1947 and ceased generation in 1974. Meaford 'B' closed in September 1990.

Meaford Power Station

The station came into operation in November 1947 and closed in September 1990. It was demolished in 1991.

Meaford Power Station and Darlaston Bridge, near Stone

Meaford Power Station, situated on the River Trent, was first commissioned in 1948 and was a coal-fired power station. Both the Meaford A (1948) and Meaford B (commissioned 1955) stations can be seen, ...

Meaford Power Station Chimney Demolition

The final chimney to be demolished of Meaford power station 'A'. Photograph taken from the Common Plot, Stone. Meaford 'A' power station came into operation in November 1947 and ceased generation in ...

Meaford Power Station demolition

This view is looking up the main drive with the generator hall to the left and the cooling towers to the right . The station came into operation in November 1947 and closed in September 1990. Since the ...

Meaford Power Station Demolition

Demolition of a chimney at Meaford 'A' Power station, 1982. The demolition of this chimney caused several casualties when the chimney accidently came down in the wrong place. The Meaford 'A' came into ...

Meaford Power Station demolition

Demolition of Meaford Power station cooling towers, viewed from the A34 near the Darlaston Roundabout, September 1991. The explosive detonation line can just be seen at the bottom of the second and third ...

Meaford Power Station demolition

Demolition of Meaford 'A' Power station boiler house and turbine hall, 1982. The station came into operation in November 1947 and ceased generation in 1974. Meaford 'B' closed in September 1990.

Meaford Power Station demolition

Demolition of Meaford 'A' Power station boiler house and turbine hall, 1982. The station came into operation in November 1947 and ceased generation in 1974. Meaford 'B' closed in September 1990. Meaford ...

Meaford Power Station demolition, Stone

Demolition of Meaford Power station cooling towers, viewed from Downs Banks, September 1991. The station came into operation in November 1947 and closed in September 1990.

Meaford Power Station Gatehouse

The gatehouse building on Meaford Road, the gatehouse is still in use (2018) and stands at the entrance to the Meaford Business Park that now occupies part the old power station site. The power station ...

Meaford Power Station Locomotive

Photograph of a yellow power station diesel shunting locomotive No. 4 at Meaford 'A' Power station, shortly before its demolition. Four of the railway locomotives that worked at Meaford's power stations ...

Meaford Power Station, Stone

Meaford Power Station viewed from Outlanes, near Stone. The station came into operation in November 1947. It ceased operation in September 1990 and the cooling towers were demolished in September 1991. ...

Meaford Power Station, Stone

The cooling towers of Meaford Power Station were locally known as the 'Five Ugly Sisters' of Staffordshire. Two power stations were built on this site: Meaford 'A' came into operation in November 1947. ...

Meaford Power Station, Stone

Meaford power station viewed from Barlaston Downs. The station came into operation in November 1947. It ceased operation in September 1990 and the cooling towers were demolished in September 1991.

Meaford Power Station, Stone

Meaford Power Station cooling towers viewed from Meaford Road. The station came into operation in November 1947. It ceased operation in September 1990 and the cooling towers were demolished in September ...

Michelin Tyre Co., Oakhill, Stoke-on-Trent

A view north east from Kensington Road, Oakhill, towards the Michelin Tyre Co factory. The first Michelin factory was opened in 1927. To the right is a cooling tower for the factory's power station. This ...

Rugeley 'A' and 'B' Power Stations

A postcard view of a winter scene taken at sunrise looking towards Rugeley Power Stations. The picture was taken from the canal bridge over the Trent and Mersey Canal on Station Road in Rugeley which ...