Theme Explorer

Page 2 of 55 988 Records Found

Angel Inn, Stafford,

The Angel Inn beerhouse in Grey Friars.

Anglesey Hotel, Market Street, Hednesford

A bus waits outside the Anglesey Hotel on Market Street. The Anglesey Hotel was built in 1831 by Edmund Peel of Tamworth, son of Sir Robert Peel of Drayton Manor; brother to Robert, sometime British Prime ...

Apedale road, Chesterton

This postcard shows the corner of Audley Road and Apedale Road with the Eagle and Child on the corner. Note the very traditional clothes the children are wearing, of pinafores, straw bonnets, and cloth ...

Armistice Day, Stone

Service and civic parade in front of the War Memorial on Granville Square, Armistice Day. The Stone War Memorial on Granville Square was unveiled on 10 January 1921 by Lord Dartmouth, Lord Lieutenant ...

Arthur Myatt with horse and trap, Stone

On Longton Road, looking towards the town. Behind can be seen the Bridge Inn, now Langtry’s, with the Co-op department store and bakery beyond.

Ashbourne Road, Rocester

View of Ashbourne Road, looking towards Church Lane. The yard leading to the Red Lion public house is on the left, next to Dwyer's general store.

Ashbourne Road, Rocester

A view of Ashbourne Road looking towards Church Lane. To the left can be seen the archway into the yard of the Red Lion and Andrew Dyer's general store.

Bagot Street, Abbots Bromley

A view of Bagot Street looking east towards the village centre. On the left is the Bagot Arms public house advertising Ind Coope ales. In the distance to the right is the tower of the parish church ...

Bagot Street, Abbots Bromley

Bagot Street looking rowards the Market Place. On the right is Church House, on the corner of Church Lane and Bagot Street. Church House is a timber-framed building on a brick plinth, built in 1619 as ...

Band of Hope procession, Market Place, Leek

This picture is thought to show the annual Band of Hope demonstration, which assembled in the Market Place before the start of the procession. The Band of Hope was allied to the Temperance Movement, with ...

Bank House Public House, Hixon,

The Bank House was built on Legge Lane as a small thatched cottage c.1680, but was added to over the years. In the mid-nineteenth century the Bank House brewed its own beer, and the malt cellar still ...

Barley Mow public House, Milford,

In the early twentieth century the Barley Mow was a popular inn with cyclists and day trippers. The building remains little changed today.

Barley Mow Public House, Milford,

In the early twentieth century the Barley Mow was a popular inn with cyclists and day trippers. The building remains little changed today.

Basford Bank, Etruria Road, Basford, Stoke-on-Trent

A postcard of Basford dated 29th September 1905. The photograph was taken from the top of Basford Bank looking down Etruria Road, towards Etruria and Hanley. The Queens Hotel can be seen in the centre ...

Bear Inn, Stafford,

The seventeenth century Bear Inn on Greengate Street was built on the site of the Old Black Bear Inn; it is possible some of the old building was used in the structure of the present. In the eighteenth ...

Beer bottle label from the Bird-In-Hand Brewery, Hilderstone

Beer bottle label advertising T.H. Shelley Stout. The Bird and Hand Inn had its own malthouse and brewery. It was one of the last public houses in the county to brew its own beer. The Shelley family ...

Beeston's Vaults, Red Lion Square, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Beeston's Vaults still stood in 2002 when it was known as the Wine Vaults. The building dates to before 1700 and has a timber framed structure. The pub was run by the Beeston family from the 1860s to ...

Bell Inn, Haughton,

The present day entrance is now at the side facing the camera. The lorry stands outside the milk shed.