Theme Explorer

Page 2 of 52 932 Records Found

All Saints' Church, Dilhorne

All Saints Church is a Grade II Listed Building, the oldest parts being of 13th century origin. The octagonal church tower is a rare feature.

All Saints' Church, Dilhorne

All Saints Church is a Grade II Listed Building, the oldest parts being of 13th century origin. The octagonal church tower is a rare feature.

Almshouses, High Street, Kinver

The buildings with two bay windows in the centre of this view of the High Street were almshouses at numbers 47 and 48. They were demolished in 1972.

Alrewas

The village of Alrewas could perhaps be described as a village of waterways. It is situated approximately five miles north- east of Lichfield, south of the River Trent and west of the mouth of the River ...

Alstonefield

Alstonefield is a large parish, situated in the Staffordshire Moorlands in one of the most beautiful parts of the county. It lies adjacent to the River Dove and so the county boundary with Derbyshire ...

Alstonefield village green

Behind the tree in the centre of the photograph is the 16th century George Inn. The woman in the photograph is Mrs Askey - children brought eggs to her for the egg market. She is speaking to Mr Joe ...

Alton

The village of Alton is situated high above the Churnet Valley, about four miles east from the town of Cheadle and seven miles north west of the town of Uttoxeter. The place name, Alton, derives from ...

Alton - Church and Houses: sepia drawing

'South View of Alton, Staffordshire,' showing the church and houses shown in a dip by the side of a hill on which there is a watch-tower. There is a river valley on the left. Also showing the tower, ...

Alton - From Railway Station: water colour painting

Sunrise on Alton Castle and the castellated convent school on the hill, and below, a train steaming out. Anonymous [?L. J. Wood].

Alton Castle

Within Alton Castle are the remains of the medieval castle, built in about 1175 by Bertram de Verdun, the founder of Croxden Abbey. Alton Castle was rebuilt as a large Gothic-style house between 1847 ...

Alton Church

St Peter's Church, Alton viewed from the west. The church has a Norman north arcade and a 14th century tower. It was largely rebuilt in 1830. The chancel and south chapel were built in 1884-5 by J. Naylor. ...

Alton Church

St Peter's Church, Alton viewed from the south-west. The church has a Norman north arcade and a 14th century tower. It was largely rebuilt in 1830. The chancel and south chapel were built in 1884-5 by ...

Alton Church

St Peter's Church, Alton viewed from the west. The church has a Norman north arcade and a 14th century tower. It was largely rebuilt in 1830. The chancle and south chapel wer built in 1884-5 by J. ...

Alton Towers Gardens

A view of the gardens leading up to the Memorial to the 15th Earl of Shrewsbury at Alton Towers. The Memorial was erected in about 1830 by his nephew John, the 16th Earl. It is a copy of the Choragic ...

Angel Hotel, Brewood

The corner of the Angel Hotel was demolished in 1935, the remainder of the building being turned in to the Jubilee Hall.

Annscroft Cottage, Hilderstone. Photographed by William Blake.

Village scene with a view of Annscroft Cottage, Hilderstone, Nr. Stone, Staffordshire.

Anslow

The rural village of Anslow is situated on the low Needwood Forest plateau about three miles north-west of Burton-upon-Trent. Until 1861 it was a township of the parish of Rolleston. The place name derives ...

Apedale Hall, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Taken from a print entitled 'The Seat of Richard Edensor Heathcote Esquire'. In 1826 Richard Heathcote had Apedale Hall rebuilt in Elizabethan style.