Theme Explorer

Page 2 of 11 184 Records Found

Clay Pool and The Mount, Alstonefield

The Mount was for a time the village Post Office. It was later converted into two houses, for the District Nurse and the Policeman. Clay Pool was filled in in the 1970s.

Colton Post Office

Colton's Postmistress, Mrs Connie Deacon with Post Lady, Miss Nellie Rotchell, outside of the village Post Office which was situated in the end Martlin Cottage on Martlin Lane, Colton. The post box can ...

Corner of Mill Street and Greengate Street, Stafford,

On the left is Chetwynd House, built around 1712-1715 by William Chetwynd, 3rd Viscount Chetwynd (1683?-1770), Member of Parliament for Stafford 1715-1722 and 1734-1770. Chetwynd House was Stafford's ...

Eccleshall views

A postcard with five views of Eccleshall: Johnson Lodge, two views of the Castle, Stafford Street and High Street.

Ellenhall Post Office

A postcard view of the former Post Office in Ellenhall. This postcard was published by E.J. Hurlstone of High Street, Eccleshall. It was franked in Ellenhall on 8 August 1917 and sent to an address ...

General Post Office Indoor Staff, New Street, Burton-on-Trent

This smartly dressed group of post office staff is mostly made up of men and young boys. Only a quarter of the workers are female.

General Post Office, Brocton Camp

One of the most frequented buildings in the Camp would have been the General Post Office. At Brocton Camp it was situated alongside the main Chase Road between 'I' and 'M' Battalion Lines. It is the building ...

General Post Office, George Street, Tamworth

The General Post Office on George Street, Tamworth stood next door to the Spot Inn. From the County Archaeology photograph collection held at Staffordshire Record Office.

General Post Office, New Street, Burton-on-Trent

Gnosall Post Office,

This building is still the village post office today. The shop on the right is now an off-licence.

Granville Square, Stone

A night time view of Granville Square, Stone. To the left is the Crown and Anchor public house. Behind the war memorial and plane tree are the Post Office and Charles Babb's drapers shop.

Granville Square, Stone

P.C. Tony Dennis on traffic duty on Granville Square, with the Post Office building in the background. It was not usual for a policeman to be directing traffic here - he was posing for the photographer....

Granville Square, Stone

P.C. Tony Dennis on traffic duty on Granville Square, with the Post Office building in the background. It was not usual for a policeman to be directing traffic here - he was posing for the photographer....

Granville Square, Stone

Granville Square was originally named Pump Square, but when the pump was removed the square was renamed after Earl Granville of Stonepark. Trees were planted to commemorate the coronation of Edward VII ...

Gratwich Post Office Tenement

Although the main post office was at Uttoxeter, by 1880 letters could be posted in Gratwich at the letter box near the blacksmith’s shop with a collection late afternoon. Pictured is the small tenement ...

Great Haywood Village

This view of Great Haywood was taken from outside the Clifford Arms public house looking south. On the left is a part view of the Post Office and the next building has a sign above the door ‘J. Leaver’ ...

Greengate Street and Mill Bank Corner, Stafford,

View showing Henry Mercer's saddlers shop and the Baths Hotel on Greengate Street. In 1928 the council purchased Mercer's, along with various other buildings between the shop and the Coach and Horses ...

Hanley Post Office, Tontine Street, Hanley

Hanley's main Post Office stood in Tontine Street. The grade II listed building was built in 1906 on open ground that once housed Batty's Circus. The three storey building, designed by John Rutherford, ...