Theme Explorer

More than 2000 results were returned, we've just shown the first 2000. Use the sub themes, where available, to refine your results.
Page 110 of 112 2000 Records Found

Old Stafford Society at Ranton Abbey

Old Stafford Society was a local history group, founded in 1925. They organised many visits to places of historical interest. This photograph was taken on the society's first outing, a visit to Ranton ...

Old Stafford Society visit to Ranton Abbey,

Old Stafford Society was a local history group, founded in 1925. They organised many visits to places of historical interest. This photograph was taken on the society's first outing, a visit to Ranton ...

Old Theatre Royal in Pall Mall, Hanley

The old Theatre Royal was in Pall Mall. The camera is looking northwest along Pall Mall towards Marsh Street. The large building is the YMCA on the corner of Marsh Street and Clough Street. This became ...

Old Vicarage, Eccleshall,

The Old Vicarage on Vicarage Close was built in 1703. The building has not been used as a vicarage since the 1940s, and has now been converted into flats.

Old Workhouse and Matron's Cottage, Alstonefield

The large building with a three-storey central block was Alstonefield Workhouse and Matron's Cottage. The Workhouse opened around 1817-1818 under the provisions of Gilbert's Act of 1782. It occupied ...

Old Zion Chapel schoolroom, Longton

The schoolroom stood close to Lockett's factory. Photograph taken from by the Empire Theatre.

Onecote Church: sepia wash drawing

'South East View of Onecote Church, Staffordshire,' showing a classical building with a small chancel, and a nave with three windows, a plain porch and a west tower.'J. Buckler.'

Onecote Church: water colour painting

'Onecote Chapel.' West view showing a building of 18th century classical style, apparantly brick with stone dressings. It has a round-headed west door and a window above surmounted by a wooden bell-turret. ...

Opening Ceremony of Weston Village Hall,

Bridget Malpass presenting a bouquet to Miss Mary Bagshawe of Uttoxeter, who opened Weston Village Hall. Also attending the ceremony are Mr Johnson, chairman of Weston Village Hall Committee, the ...

Opening of new classrooms, Denstone College

Opening of a new block of classrooms at Denstone College. The building was opened by former pupil Sir Mark Hunter, and Sir Percival Heywood and the headmaster of Denstone College, the Rev. R.M. Grier, ...

Opening the new Catholic School, Springfield Road, Uttoxeter

The opening of the new St. Joseph's Roman Catholic School on Springfield Road, Uttoxeter. The Most Rev. Dr. T.L. Williams, Archbishop of Birmingham, formally unlocking the school's door. In the group ...

Order of Druids Memorial Stone Unveiling, Red Street, Newcastle-under-Lyme

A programme for the unveiling ceremony for an oak tablet in memory of William Pitt at the Order of Druids 'Good Samaritan' Lodge, No. 1352, which took place at the Wheatsheaf Hotel, Talke Road, Red Street,Newcastle-under-Lyme. ...

Oulton Abbey

Oulton Abbey, formerly Oulton House, was built by Thomas Dent, a solicitor, in about 1720. It was later owned by John Joule, the brewer, who added a new front in 1822. Between 1835 and 1838 it was occupied ...

Oulton Abbey

Oulton Abbey, formerly Oulton House, was built by Thomas Dent, a solicitor, in about 1720. It was later owned by John Joule, the brewer, who added a new front in 1822. Between 1835 and 1838 it was occupied ...

Oulton Abbey

Oulton Abbey, formerly Oulton House, was built by Thomas Dent, a solicitor, in about 1720. It was later owned by John Joule, the brewer, who added a new front in 1822. Between 1835 and 1838 it was occupied ...

Oulton Abbey, near Stone

A postcard showing Benedictine Abbeys in Britain, including Oulton Abbey (bottom right) and Caverswall Castle (top right) in Staffordshire. Oulton Abbey, formerly Oulton House, was built by Thomas ...

Our Lady & St Benedict Roman Catholic Church and Presbytery, Abbey Hulton, Stoke-on-Trent

The Church of Our Lady and St. Benedict in Abbey Lane, Abbey Hulton was built in 1937–8. Originally part of Birches Head parish, Abbey Hulton became a separate parish in 1941. The open land in the foreground ...

Our Lady of the Angels and St Peter in Chains Church, Hartshill

This photograph was taken from Higson Avenue, looking across Hartshill Road. The brick built Gothic style church is attached to the neighbouring Dominican Convent and was built between the 1850s and 1890s. ...