Theme Explorer

More than 2000 results were returned, we've just shown the first 2000. Use the sub themes, where available, to refine your results.
Page 109 of 112 2000 Records Found

Old Church, Rugeley

The remains of the 'old' church of St. Augustine in Rugeley, showing the Decorated west tower, and Early English north arcade, chancel and north chapel. This is one of a series of watercolours of all ...

Old Cottages, Rugeley

This postcard view was published by Valentine’s XL Series. Real Photo Cards. The view was taken from the corner of Elmore Lane and Upper Brook Street, Rugeley. All of the buildings in this scene ...

Old Cottages, Wolstanton Marsh, Newcastle-under-Lyme

A watercolour by E.J.B. Evans of a view of Wolstanton. The view looks out over some cottages onto the Marsh, with St. Margaret's Church in the background.

Old doorway in Sinai Park, Burton upon Trent

A lantern slide view of a studded wooden door at Sinai Park. This timber-framed and brick house was built around 1500, and is thought to have been a summer house for the abbots of Burton. Copyright: ...

Old Font from Mucklestone Church: sepia wash drawing

'Remains of the Old Font, removed from Muckleston (sic) Church, Staffordshire: now in the garden of the Clerk of the Parish a Blacksmith; and used as a `Hog-Trough.'''J. B., [John Buckler] June 1843.'

Old Methodist Chapel, Canning Street, Fenton

This Primitive Methodist Chapel was built in 1873 but by the time the photograph was taken it was in use as a store room for the nearby Sterling Pottery. The buildings to the right belonged to the Victoria ...

Old Methodist Church, Lichfield Road, Rugeley

This brick-built church dates from 1839.

Old St.Giles' Church, Newcastle-under-Lyme

St.Giles' Church in Newcastle-under-Lyme was originally built in 1721 and exsisted as we see it in this photograph until 1872. In 1872 the Church was demolished with the exception of the Church Tower. ...

Old Stafford Society visit to Ranton Abbey,

Old Stafford Society was a local history group, founded in 1925. They organised many visits to places of historical interest. This photograph was taken on the society's first outing, a visit to Ranton ...

Old Vicarage, Eccleshall,

The Old Vicarage on Vicarage Close was built in 1703. The building has not been used as a vicarage since the 1940s, and has now been converted into flats.

Old village hall, Pattingham

This village hall was a timber building, built between 1922-1925, on land donated by Lord Dartmouth. It was replaced in 1966.

Old Workhouse and Matron's Cottage, Alstonefield

The large building with a three-storey central block was Alstonefield Workhouse and Matron's Cottage. The Workhouse opened around 1817-1818 under the provisions of Gilbert's Act of 1782. It occupied ...

Onecote Church: sepia wash drawing

'South East View of Onecote Church, Staffordshire,' showing a classical building with a small chancel, and a nave with three windows, a plain porch and a west tower.'J. Buckler.'

Onecote Church: water colour painting

'Onecote Chapel.' West view showing a building of 18th century classical style, apparantly brick with stone dressings. It has a round-headed west door and a window above surmounted by a wooden bell-turret. ...

Opening of Burton Tramways

Seven open-topped tramcars filled with passengers and decorated with bunting are lined up in Borough Road, and crowds are standing watching the celebrations. The Mayor, Cllr. A.J. Roberts can be seen ...

Oulton Abbey

Oulton Abbey, formerly Oulton House, was built by Thomas Dent, a solicitor, in about 1720. It was later owned by John Joule, the brewer, who added a new front in 1822. Between 1835 and 1838 it was occupied ...

Oulton Abbey

Oulton Abbey, formerly Oulton House, was built by Thomas Dent, a solicitor, in about 1720. It was later owned by John Joule, the brewer, who added a new front in 1822. Between 1835 and 1838 it was occupied ...

Oulton Abbey

Oulton Abbey, formerly Oulton House, was built by Thomas Dent, a solicitor, in about 1720. It was later owned by John Joule, the brewer, who added a new front in 1822. Between 1835 and 1838 it was occupied ...